Hello, we’re Belong.
We partner with regional payers to deliver Medicare Advantage and Special Needs Plan products.
With a dual focus on data-driven, proactive clinical intervention and unwaveringly empathetic patient experience, Belong has completely reimagined health insurance for seniors and other Medicare-eligible individuals who have been disregarded and deprioritized for far too long.
We believe that only by recognizing individuals can we make communities strong.
Belong Health. Kinder, more supportive care.
Why do we exist?
Belong Health was created to bring a high-quality seamless customer experience to vulnerable Americans with complex health needs. We believe that all Americans deserve an opportunity for optimal health, and we understand that health is related to many factors outside of traditional healtcare. We are dedicated to a vision of the future where holistic health incorporates data and technology into a humanistic and behaviorally sophisticated model of care.
What do we do?
Belong Health is a partner platform launch- built-for-purpose, technology-enabled healthcare organizations. They aggregate the leading talent in the market to solve specific problems in healthcare that improve the lives of patients and lead the industry towards a more rational, sustainable, and humane model of care. Belong Health partners with regional health plans to deliver best-in-class Medicare Advantage (MA) and Specials Needs Plan (SNP) products, creating new opportunities for organic growth that enable better service for their existing membership.
How do we do it?
Belong Health provides the services and funding to launch a new health plan which works with regional health plans to understand their relative market position & operational strengths, create specific strategies that deliver MA / SNP membership, and launch complementary but distinct new plans together.
Where do I fit in? The Community Services Care Coordinator-Clinical (CSCC-Clinical) provides administrative support to the care team (RN and SW) by working directly with members, members’ families and/or advocates, providers, and community service organizations to ensure that members receive supportive services, equipment, and supplies needed to promote quality of life and the achievement of member identified desired outcomes. The CSCC- Clinical will empower the member to make informed decisions and advocate on their behalf when deemed necessary.
The CSCC-Clinical will assist the care team in welcome call and assessment completion; developing, and implementing the individual care plan (ICP); and assisting members in reducing/resolving challenges or barriers Communicates internally and externally with members or clients to coordinate reports, data entry and tracking of tasks for various programs to care.
The CSCC-Clinical will educate the member, family and/or primary caregiver regarding plan benefits, identify and arrange needed social and health support services, and follow-up with the member and his/her designee on an ongoing basis.
The CCSC-Clinical will work under the supervision of the RN Care Manager (RNCM).
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Community Services Care Coordinator (CSCC) you will:
- Orient new members to the Belong Health DSNP program.
- Perform assessments such as health risk assessments and social determinants of health screening
- Provide input in the development of the member’s individualized care plan (ICP)
- Provide on-going support to members related to the coordination of and access to services, supplies, durable medical equipment, medication, and social services etc.
- Facilitate and monitor the implementation of the member care plan in accordance with recommendations by the Interdisciplinary Care Team.
- Assist the care team with documentation including interdisciplinary care team meetings
- Identify nature of issues, independently responds to and resolves non-clinical issues and complaints and escalates clinical issues to appropriate department and staff.
- Works with members, providers, and staff to identify and resolve member service and retention related issues. Educates potential members/community representatives on plan features, plan benefits, and program admission requirements.
- Ensure compliance with clinical quality language measures and standards.
- Promote a culture of accountability and performance to both meet and exceed personal service vision goals and ensure timely and satisfactory resolution of highly complex, specialized, and non-routine customer issues
Follow-through on commitments. Lives up to verbal and written agreements, regardless of personal cost.
Attention to detail. Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
Persistence. Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
Proactivity. Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the team. Creativity/innovation. Generates new and innovative solutions to problems.
Enthusiasm - Exhibits passion and excitement over work. Has a can-do attitude.
Listening skills - Lets others speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints. Communication - Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative. Maintains this standard in all forms of written communication, including e-mail. Teamwork. Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish and overall collaborative working relationship.
ON-TIME - Someone who respects other people’s time, efficient with time, completes tasks on time, speaks up if the time expectations are not realistic.
ACCOUNTABLE - Someone who consistently does what they say they are going to do when they say they are going to do it.
ACTIVE PARTNER - Someone who is a proactive team member, willing to jump in and lend a hand without being specifically asked to do so.
- Valid New York State driver’s license
- Bachelor’s degree in social / health sciences or business.
- Working knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid programs and experience with regulatory requirements and reporting.
- Knowledge of managed care and / or member services.
- Knowledge of community services and resources for elders and disabled.
- Familiarity with coordinated care models is an advantage.
- 2+ years’ experience in a care coordination, customer service, health care organization, Community Based Organization, or social services environment.
- Demonstrated experience in a managed care or HMO setting is strongly preferred
- Understanding of the needs and dynamics of elder care services, disadvantaged, and disengaged populations.
- Excellent problem solving, trend identification, and analytical skills, with a demonstrated ability to problem solve effectively and efficiently.
- Commitment to high ethical standards in all work; protects the privacy of member and Belong data and exercises discretion in handling confidential member information.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated PC skills using Microsoft applications.
- Knowledge of managed care product portfolio, benefits, policies and procedures.
- Strong active listening, issue assessment and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational and follow-through skills.
- Ability to exercise discretion in handling confidential member information.
- Self-directed individual.
- Office work; may be sitting for long periods of time.
- Some travel may be required.
- Ability to work independently and maintain flexibly in fast paced start up environment.
- Must have access to reliable daily transportation.
- Superior knowledge of healthcare products and services.
- Bilingual (Spanish) required
Belong Health is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience to apply.