Hello, we’re Belong.
We partner with regional payers to deliver Medicare Advantage and Special Needs Plan products.
With a dual focus on data-driven, proactive clinical intervention and unwaveringly empathetic patient experience, Belong has completely reimagined health insurance for seniors and other Medicare-eligible individuals who have been disregarded and deprioritized for far too long.
We believe that only by recognizing individuals can we make communities strong.
Belong Health. Kinder, more supportive care.
Why do we exist?
Belong Health was created to bring a high-quality, seamless customer experience to vulnerable Americans with complex health needs. We believe that all Americans deserve an opportunity for optimal health, and we understand that health is related to many factors outside of traditional healthcare. We are dedicated to a vision of the future where holistic health incorporates data and technology into a humanistic and behaviorally sophisticated model of care.
What do we do?
Belong Health is a partner platform launch- built-for-purpose, technology-enabled healthcare organizations. They aggregate the leading talent in the market to solve specific problems in healthcare that improve the lives of patients and lead the industry towards a more rational, sustainable, and humane model of care. Belong Health partners with regional health plans to deliver best-in-class Medicare Advantage (MA) and Specials Needs Plan (SNP) products, creating new opportunities for organic growth that enable better service for their existing membership.
How do we do it?
Belong Health provides the services and funding to launch a new health plan which works with regional health plans to understand their relative market position & operational strengths, create specific strategies that deliver MA / SNP membership, and launch complementary but distinct new plans together.
Where do I fit in?
Your role at Belong Health is on the frontline of member engagement as a “quarterback” of healthcare. You will be part of a dynamic team including community health workers, therapists, and a full range of clinical supports. Every day, you will make a difference in member’s lives and help create a seamless experience towards optimal health.
The position will cover a broad territory in New York and will support members in their homes, at work, or day programs as necessary.
The RN Care Manager (RNCM is responsible for applying care management principles when engaging members and addressing coordination of the member’s health care services including developing and maintaining a collaborative relationship with provider practices, community-based resources, and the Belong Health team
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Registered Nurse Care Manager (RNCM) you will:
- be the team member responsible for the most medically complex Medicare beneficiaries and provide clinical oversight to beneficiaries assigned to other members of the care team
- orient new members to the Belong Health ACO program and educate the beneficiary caregiver care management services
- advocate, empower, inform, and educate beneficiaries on self-management techniques.
- conduct assessments to identify barriers and opportunities for intervention.
- develop and implement the individual care plan (ICP)
- lead interdisciplinary care team meetings
- collaborate with provider, social workers, discharge planners, and community based service providers to coordinate care and achieve care plan goals.
- Document all care management activities in the appropriate system in accordance with internal and established documentation procedures.
- work directly with beneficiaries, their families and/or advocates, providers, and community service organizations on an ongoing basis to coordinate care and reduce barriers to care
- promote a culture of accountability and performance to both meet and exceed personal service vision goals and ensure timely and satisfactory resolution of highly complex, specialized, and non-routine customer issues
- Additional duties as assigned
Follow-through on commitments. Lives up to verbal and written agreements, regardless of personal cost.
Attention to detail. Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
Persistence. Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
Proactivity. Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the team. Creativity/innovation. Generates new and innovative solutions to problems.
Enthusiasm - Exhibits passion and excitement over work. Has a can-do attitude.
Listening skills - Lets others speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints. Communication - Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative. Maintains this standard in all forms of written communication, including e-mail. Teamwork. Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish and overall collaborative working relationship.
ON-TIME - Someone who respects other people’s time, efficient with time, completes tasks on time, speaks up if the time expectations are not realistic.
ACCOUNTABLE - Someone who consistently does what they say they are going to do when they say they are going to do it.
ACTIVE PARTNER - Someone who is a proactive team member, willing to jump in and lend a hand without being specifically asked to do so.
- Valid New York State driver’s license
- Nursing degree with active NYS license
- Care Management Certification preferred
- Working knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid programs and experience with regulatory requirements and reporting.
- Knowledge of community services and resources for elders and disabled preferred.
- Proficient with simultaneous navigation of multiple systems
- 2+ years’ experience in a health plan, health care organization, Community Based Organization, or social services environment
- Demonstrated experience in a managed care or HMO setting is strongly preferred
- Previous care management experience preferred
- Understanding of the needs and dynamics of elder care services, disadvantaged, disengaged populations
- Experience in participating in cross departmental projects and policy and procedure changes, including coordination of activities and initiatives across departments
- Excellent customer service, problem solving, trend identification, and analytical skills, with a demonstrated ability to problem solve effectively and efficiently
- Commitment to high ethical standards in all work; protects the privacy of member and company data and exercises discretion in handling confidential member information
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills
- Demonstrated PC skills using Microsoft applications
- Strong active listening, issue assessment and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational and follow through skills
- Office work; may be sitting for long periods of time
- Ability to work independently and maintain flexibly in fast paced start up environment
- Superior knowledge of healthcare products and services
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus
- Experience managing member information in a shared network environment using paperless database modules and archival system
- Base salary range $80K-100K DOE
- Full benefits package including day 1 health insurance, vision insurance, dental insurance, and 401K with company match
Belong Health is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience to apply.