Hello, we’re Belong.
We partner with regional payers to deliver Medicare Advantage and Special Needs Plan products.
With a dual focus on data-driven, proactive clinical intervention and unwaveringly empathetic patient experience, Belong has completely reimagined health insurance for seniors and other Medicare-eligible individuals who have been disregarded and deprioritized for far too long.
We believe that only by recognizing individuals can we make communities strong.
Belong Health. Kinder, more supportive care.
Reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer, the Director, Strategic Partnerships possesses a highly collaborative and consultative approach to sourcing, prospecting, engaging and converting clients. This person brings strong healthcare knowledge and is fluent in the various nuances of the healthcare value-based ecosystem; specifically, s/he understands the levers that drive health systems and health plan decision making.
This position will be responsible for partnering with the Chief Revenue Officer to build and develop relationships at the C-suite of payer and provider organizations and leveraging preexisting relationships with local and regional payers to create and close on business development opportunities. The Director, Strategic Partnerships will represent Belong Health’s full-stack solution for D-SNP, as well as the opportunity to join Belong Health’s ACO by calling on “C” suite leaders. This is a consultative and solution-based sale that requires the ability to analyze customer needs, develop complex solutions and gain buy-in throughout large and heavily matrixed organizations. This leader must be able to source and surface an opportunity and be able to commercialize a strategy for the potential client.
Ideal candidates will possess a strong track record of experience and demonstrated success in healthcare solution selling, as well as demonstrate the ability to be entrepreneurial and work well within a small team. This means, the ideal candidate is able to effectively mobilize self and others, as well as self-serve in the creation of business development collateral, derive insights through analytics dashboards, and drive unique approach to advancing business development opportunities. The ideal candidate is proactive, analytical, and thorough, while also known to “set the pace” in their past roles. We work in a distributed team and a highly collaborative culture, and require team members to be self-starters and technology early adopters to be successful in our environment.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to cultivate and close on large, complex, multi-year deals, often requiring the creation of joint venture companies
- Support the Chief Revenue Officer with research, prospecting, planning, and qualifying deals.
- Ability to have dialogue with executives to understand their business priorities, and map them to Belong Health’s solutions
- Proactively call on healthcare decision-makers to develop and foster relationships with local and regional payer organizations and health systems
- Proactively understand a prospect’s regulatory environment at the State level, for Medicaid and Dual-Eligible products, and build and maintain relationships with key advisors and influencers in the state whether that be consultants, politicians or anyone else that influences the C-Suite of our clients.
- Manage the entire sales cycle, which includes outreach, aligning stakeholders to LOI decision, organizing internal and external teams around partnership alignment terms, and working with internal and external leadership to develop mutually agreeable MSA agreements
- Define and refine market segmentation strategy to ensure that Belong Health continues to focus activities on most critical and relevant potential prospects
- Be the voice of the customer and relate critical insights to the product team to ensure that Belong Health continues to refine and enhance solution offering
- Partner with internal stakeholders to drive an improved business development process; this means ensure that operational leaders are best able to perform critical operational responsibilities while also representing Belong Health on business development activities
- Work with Analytics to ensure that data and dashboarding continues to drive intelligent segmentation outreach as well as drives relevant and useful commercial insights for potential partners
- Sustain a comprehensive understanding of Belong Health’s solutions, including the technology and services we provide and display a deep understanding as to how they impact a payer or provider
- With the rest of the business development team, continue to drive implementation of and effective reporting in salesforce.com
- Become a thought-leader and develop content for linkedin, conferences or other professional organizations with whom Belong Health has a relationship to generate more interest in Belong Health’s solutions
- Participate in relevant industry conferences and associations.
- Travel to prospects and clients to meet key contacts and present solutions, facilitate meetings to manage and grow the sales pipeline
Education, Training and Professional Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Masters Preferred
- Extensive background in solution-based selling within a payer or provider
- Healthcare industry and strategic partnership experience is required. This includes skills and knowledge of D-SNP, CMS/CMMI programs, Medicare Advantage and payer contracting
- 8+ years developing solutions or selling consulting, solutions or enterprise applications to hospital systems, payers and other entities in the healthcare industry
- Minimum 2+ years prior experience working with accountable care organizations (ACO’s), hospital systems, payers and other entities in the healthcare industry
- Proven track record in executing sales plans
- Consulting experience is strongly preferred
- This is a fully remote position with travel requirements up to 50%
- Strong communication, presentation and negotiation skills required
- Ethics and experience in a structured/regulated sales organization
- Financial acumen is required
- Strong proficiency working in a data driven sales process
- Proficient in Microsoft excel and Powerpoint
- Superior relationship development and relationship management skills
- Highly collaborative
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Self-starter and self-directed
- Creative; ability to find unique ways to get in front of stakeholders
- Comfort learning and using new technology (Loom, Zoom, Notion, Miro)
Belong Health is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience to apply.