Hello, we’re Belong.
We partner with regional payers to deliver Medicare Advantage and Special Needs Plan products.
With a dual focus on data-driven, proactive clinical intervention and unwaveringly empathetic patient experience, Belong has completely reimagined health insurance for seniors and other Medicare-eligible individuals who have been disregarded and deprioritized for far too long.
We believe that only by recognizing individuals can we make communities strong.
Belong Health. Kinder, more supportive care.
This position will be responsible for source onboarding and data quality and will work directly with the VP of Data Management. This role will play a fundamental role in helping to establish the Data Management team and its’ processes for Belong. The Senior Data Analyst will run data quality reviews for new and existing data feeds, build development specifications, and support project management of new data source onboarding. They will collaborate with Belong’s data engineers, analysts, and business owners to implement systemic best practice solutions to improve data reliability.
Ideal candidates will possess a strong track record of demonstrated success working with and interpreting payor healthcare data, as well as demonstrate the ability to be entrepreneurial and work well within a small team.
- Develop and own the success of ad hoc and systemic data quality processes
- Develop and drive the onboarding process from start to finish for each data producer or consumer
- Act as the central point of contact for data owners & stewards, data engineers and product management throughout the onboarding process.
- Perform manual testing/quality checks before data is put into production
- Monitoring data quality and flows to ensure data is consistent, timely, accurate, and uninterrupted in support of Belong’s mission
- Work closely with business owners to ensure data meets business requirements.
- Develop and document best practice onboarding and governance guidelines.
- Take a lead in educating and promoting standardization and best practices across the organization.
- Exercise considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments
- Demonstrated ability to consistently develop a business perspective and translate that to clear, repeatable product
- Promote a culture of accountability and performance to ensure timely and satisfactory resolution of highly complex and specialized issues.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelors from four-year college or university with a degree in statistics, mathematics, economics, computer science, or information management
- 4+ years’ of healthcare data (claims, eligibility, etc.) and analysis experience
Mathematics- Ability to use and interpret statistical models to determine data completeness
Reasoning- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills to drive improved team outcomes
Project Management- Ability to track, document, and communicate the status of multiple complex projects.
Coding and Data Visualization-
- Advanced SQL coding skills
- Experience with ETL processes and development preferred
- Experience using visualization tools preferred
- Experience with Snowflake preferred
HEALTH & SAFETY
Belong Health and its partners require full vaccination for associates and select contractors who conduct work outside of their home on behalf of Belong Health and its partners. This applies to those who work within our facilities; interact directly with members and patients; attend in-person meetings or trainings; and/or represent Belong Health at events or volunteer activities. Medical and religious exemptions will be considered, and this policy will not supersede state or local laws.
Belong Health is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience to apply.