Hello, we’re Belong.
We partner with regional payers to deliver Medicare Advantage and Special Needs Plan products.
With a dual focus on data-driven, proactive clinical intervention and unwaveringly empathetic patient experience, Belong has completely reimagined health insurance for seniors and other Medicare-eligible individuals who have been disregarded and deprioritized for far too long.
We believe that only by recognizing individuals can we make communities strong.
Belong Health. Kinder, more supportive care.
The Manager, ACO Product Operations will report to the SVP, Product and be responsible for leading daily operations of Belong Health’s ACO product. This role will involve significant cross-organization collaboration, including working closely with Provider Engagement and Care Management teams who are responsible for core functions of the ACO.
The Manager, ACO Product Operations will be responsible for developing a thorough understanding of the REACH program, ensuring program requirements are consistently met, and proactively understanding the continued evolution of REACH and other CMS value-based care models. This Manager will be designing, documenting, implementing, measuring, and iterating on core ACO processes guided by REACH program design and team member functional expertise.
The ideal candidate will have experience in healthcare, and preferably in CMS value-based care models. The ideal candidate is proactive, analytical, and thorough, while also known to “set the pace” in their past roles. We work in a distributed team and a highly collaborative culture, and require team members to be self-starters and technology early adopters to be successful in our environment.
- Manage internal synchronous and asynchronous activities to ensure internal business owners continue to advance the ACO REACH program for Belong Health
- Execute on structured approach to measure, communicate and monitor the overall success of the ACO REACH program; recommend and monitor opportunities to improve overall performance
- Learn ACO REACH program design and requirements and manage external partners advising on ACO REACH program to ensure that evolving guidelines from CMS are understood, qualified, and appropriately incorporated into the Belong Health business strategy
- Support the Provider Engagement team in ACO-related activities; this includes but isn’t limited to developing ACO Board materials and content, evaluating and interpreting practice level performance, and supporting other provider and staff touchpoints
- Collaborate with the Care Management team to design and execute on core ACO operations and identify areas for continuous improvement
- Report on key ACO performance metrics, and be responsible for understanding the data integrity and managing accuracy of reporting to business leaders
- 5-10+ years of experience in operations management
- Experience in healthcare is required; experience working with CMS programs is preferred
- Expert translator of requirements and constraints into efficient processes
- Highly skilled at using data to drive insights and actions
- Highly skilled at managing cycles of continuous improvement
- Highly skilled at intaking inputs from multiple stakeholders to drive deliverables
- Experience in early-stage companies and/or launch of new products
- Expert with Microsoft Office (including PowerPoint, Excel, Sharepoint) and rapid adopter of complementary tools (we use Slack, Notion, and Loom extensively)
Ability to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of employee or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Education, Training, & Professional Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- MBA or MHA preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. There are no special vision requirements
Some travel to corporate headquarters, customer sites, team meetings, and trade shows will be required to fulfill the requirements of the position. This is expected to be about 20-25%
This position is remote based and open to candidates in all states, except CA, CO, and NY
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet
Health & Safety
Belong Health and its partners require full vaccination for associates and select contractors who conduct work outside of their home on behalf of Belong Health and its partners. This applies to those who work within our facilities; interact directly with members and patients; attend in-person meetings or trainings; and/or represent Belong Health at events or volunteer activities. Medical and religious exemptions will be considered, and this policy will not supersede state or local laws
Belong Health is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience to apply.