Hello, we’re Belong.
We partner with regional payers to deliver Medicare Advantage and Special Needs Plan products.
With a dual focus on data-driven, proactive clinical intervention and unwaveringly empathetic patient experience, Belong has completely reimagined health insurance for seniors and other Medicare-eligible individuals who have been disregarded and deprioritized for far too long.
We believe that only by recognizing individuals can we make communities strong.
Belong Health. Kinder, more supportive care.
The Manager, Product Strategy will report to the SVP, Product and will support product strategy and product marketing for Belong Health’s full solution offering. This role will involve significant cross-organization collaboration, including with Belong Health’s leadership team.
The Product Strategy Manager will be responsible for creating and iterating on the product playbooks for each component of Belong’s solution offering and translating the product offerings into sales collateral. The Manager, Product Strategy will collaborate with the Growth team to glean prospective customer insights and also the Partnership Operations team to glean current customer experiences to inform the solution scope, positioning, and recommendations for future product enhancements.
The ideal candidate will have experience in management consulting and some experience in healthcare. The ideal candidate is proactive, thorough yet fast-paced, and an excellent written and verbal communicator. We work in a distributed team and a highly collaborative culture, and require team members to be self-starters and technology early adopters to be successful in our environment.
- Lead internal discovery sessions with Belong Health business leaders to identify opportunities to differentiate Belong’s services offerings both by enhancing existing solutions and building new capabilities
- Engage with the Growth team to understand market feedback and to align pitch and positioning of Belong Health’s services and operational capabilities with an eye towards highlighting where Belong Health’s differentiated capabilities
- Combine market feedback with research and competitive market intel to refine Belong Health market positioning with health plan and provider partners
- Conduct ongoing evaluation and prioritization of new capability and solution opportunities
- Evaluate opportunities holistically, including but not limited to, primary and secondary research, collaboration with Technology to scope requirements, and collaboration with Finance to model opportunity and investment
- Own the advancements of playbooks as we iterate and improve our offerings and mature our operations
- Collaborate with business leaders, including Partner Operations and Growth, to develop capability roadmaps that include core and custom solution offerings
- 3-5+ years of experience in management consulting
- Experience in healthcare is required
- Experience in either solution design and/or product marketing is preferred
- Highly skilled at intaking complex information from various sources and communication styles
- Highly skilled at delivering effective written and verbal communications
- Experience and comfort in a fast-paced environment and a proactive approach to driving value for the organization and its mission
- Eager to learn and apply skills in new ways
- Expert with Microsoft Office (including PowerPoint, Excel, Sharepoint) and rapid adopter of complementary tools (we use Slack, Notion, and Loom extensively)
Ability to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of employee or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Bachelor’s Degree
- MBA preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. There are no special vision requirements
Some travel to corporate headquarters, customer sites, team meetings, and trade shows will be required to fulfill the requirements of the position. This is expected to be about 20-25%
This position is remote based and open to candidates in all states, except CA, CO, and NY
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet
Health & Safety
Belong Health and its partners require full vaccination for associates and select contractors who conduct work outside of their home on behalf of Belong Health and its partners. This applies to those who work within our facilities; interact directly with members and patients; attend in-person meetings or trainings; and/or represent Belong Health at events or volunteer activities. Medical and religious exemptions will be considered, and this policy will not supersede state or local laws
Belong Health is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience to apply.