Hello, we’re Belong.
We partner with regional payers to deliver Medicare Advantage and Special Needs Plan products.
With a dual focus on data-driven, proactive clinical intervention and unwaveringly empathetic patient experience, Belong has completely reimagined health insurance for seniors and other Medicare-eligible individuals who have been disregarded and deprioritized for far too long.
We believe that only by recognizing individuals can we make communities strong.
Belong Health. Kinder, more supportive care.
Reporting to the VP, Engineering, the Full Stack Software Engineer with Salesforce experience will lead multiple application development and integration efforts in a diverse technology environment. Additionally, this position will have responsibility over creating solution architectures, architectural decisions, design, development, and implementation of applications across a spectrum of products and services. The person will bring a broad knowledge of full stack application development, integration techniques and methodologies to lead and guide development teams, whether in a straight application integration or in a top-down business process approach. The ideal candidate is an excellent software engineer and architect with exceptional understanding of Java stack, Angular/React, Java script, middleware technologies such as ESBs, web services, Data bases, APIs, API security, Cloud Technologies (AWS), with exposure to and hands-on experience with Salesforce CRM specifically Health Cloud.
- Collaborate with product, data, infrastructure, and operations teams and be responsible for the defining-designing-delivering the technical architectures, patterns, business alignment, and maintainability of technical solutions
- Work closely with Project/Product Manager to define project milestones, acceptance criteria, manage engineering deliverables within the SDLC framework
- Gather requirements, analyze source and destination systems, interfaces, security, and other operational needs to architect and design secure, robust system.
- Translate business processes into technical design and solution architecture
- Build enterprise grade software for integrating systems that include APIs and web services
- Establish a best practices-based strategy for implementing cloud enterprise solutions, DevOps, Open-source technologies, automated testing, and technology stack rationalization
- Promote the integration of new technologies and solutions that will improve the organization’s capabilities while leading to lower total cost of operation
EDUCATION, TRAINING & PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field; or an equivalent experience sufficient to successfully perform the key functions of the job required
- 2 years of Hands-on experience in public and hybrid cloud (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) tools and technologies covering automated provisioning, configuration management, CI/CD, DevOps, Chef/Puppet, and Container technologies such as Docker
- 2 years of experience in developing Enterprise application integration services including designing interfaces, developing, and consuming APIs and services, define integration workflows that include SOAP, REST APIs , data, and file processing
- Hands-on experience with developing and/or integration with Salesforce CRM in general and Health Cloud in particular
- 5+ years of experience in java, Java script (Angular, React, Node), frameworks such as spring boot, MVC, SQL databases (MySQL or equivalent) and NOSQL databases such as DynamoDB
- 5 years of Hands-on experience with both current and emerging technologies such as Cloud (AWS), Micro services, REST APIs, API Management and Mobile application development frameworks required
- Passion for healthcare industry in general and understanding of healthcare data and applications
- Ability to lead a team of strong engineers and guide them to deliver great solutions
- Consultative approach – able to identify, communicate, and act on issues and initiatives
- Takes initiative on improvements and testing results
- Ability to translate product and customer requirements into technical solutions
- Capable of handling multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and in an organized and timely manner
- Detailed oriented, with the ability to plan, prioritize, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively, both written and verbally, particularly when under pressure
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Stays abreast of advancements in cloud, open source and innovative technologies
HEALTH & SAFETY
Belong Health and its partners require full vaccination for associates and select contractors who conduct work outside of their home on behalf of Belong Health and its partners. This applies to those who work within our facilities; interact directly with members and patients; attend in-person meetings or trainings; and/or represent Belong Health at events or volunteer activities. Medical and religious exemptions will be considered, and this policy will not supersede state or local laws.
Belong Health is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience to apply.