Hello, we’re Belong.
We partner with regional payers to deliver Medicare Advantage and Special Needs Plan products.
With a dual focus on data-driven, proactive clinical intervention and unwaveringly empathetic patient experience, Belong has completely reimagined health insurance for seniors and other Medicare-eligible individuals who have been disregarded and deprioritized for far too long.
We believe that only by recognizing individuals can we make communities strong.
Belong Health. Kinder, more supportive care.
Reporting to the VP, Engineering, the Healthcare Data Engineer is responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The ideal candidate is a combination of an excellent software engineer with exceptional understanding of data, databases, data modeling techniques, BI and Analytics, distributed processing, and data warehouse technologies.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Gather requirements, analyze source data systems, data modeling, and implement ETL processes to populate the enterprise transactional databases data warehouse
- Build enterprise grade software for ingesting and processing real time and batch data, as well as analytics/BI tools to enable and support BI end users
- Support and enhance existing platforms while upholding high standards for data quality
- Work with various teams across the organization to understand how to interpret the data that will be incorporated into systems and reporting
- Help perform ad-hoc analytics requests, analyze test results, draw actionable insights, generate reports, and present findings to internal customers
- Promote the integration of new technologies and solutions to improve the organization’s data processing, analysis, and validation capabilities
Education, Training, and Professional Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the key accountabilities of the job required
- Solid SQL, NOSQL skills; strong database design and development capabilities (schemas, indexing, profiling, query plan optimization)
- Familiarity with data architecture and deep understanding of data I/O and system performance bottlenecks and remediation
- Experience with one or more Big data and no-SQL technologies such as ElasticSearch, DynamoDB, MongoDB, or Hbase and cloud data warehouses such as AWS Redshift or Snowflake (Snowflake highly preferred)
- 7+ years of overall data management / architecture and programming experience
- 5+ years of Data Warehouse, Data Modeling, ETL Concepts and Applications (Matillion and snowflake highly preferred)
- 5+ years of Relational Database design such as SQL Server, MySql, PostgreSQL, and Big Data/Hadoop
- 3+ years of AWS experience required with exposure to RDS, serverless DB etc.
- 3+ years of Integration technologies such as Service Bus (Mirth, Dell Boomi, MuleSoft, Matillion, etc.), Message/Event Hub such as Kafka or ActiveMQ, SNS, SQS etc.
- 3+ years of moving data into and out of Cloud (AWS) to perform analytics
- 2+ years of BI tools such Tableau or SiSense, Reporting, Dashboards and Analytics
- Hands-on experience with python and/or related data analysis tools is preferred.
- Data Science, Machine learning and/or AI preferred
- Experience in Healthcare data preferred
Ability to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of employee or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Passion for understanding data and for leveraging tools that extract and convey actionable insights from data
- Consultative approach – able to identify, communicate, and act on issues and initiatives
- Takes initiative on improvements and testing results
- Capable of handling multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and in an organized and timely manner
- Detailed oriented, with the ability to plan, prioritize, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively, both written and verbally, particularly when under pressure
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
Ability to author and edit market-facing materials demonstrating strong writing skills. Ability to author and edit reports and articles as well as create presentation materials for use by others. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, clinical articles, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, or prospective customers.
Ability to evaluate and interpret basic financial, market, and sales data to yield usable insights to drive marketing plans.
Has advanced computer job skills including but not limited to logging on to systems, ability to communicate by email, ability to compose documents, enter database information, create presentations, download forms, and preserve/backup important data. Must possess intermediate level skill in Microsoft Office.
Strong critical thinking skills, including being able to test the validity of existing plans and creatively approach problem solving to drive improved team outcomes.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
This position does not require any licensure. No disciplinary actions with any state or specialty board are allowed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. There are no special vision requirements. Some travel to corporate headquarters, customer sites, and trade shows is required to fulfill the requirements of the position.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
HEALTH & SAFETY
Belong Health and its partners require full vaccination for associates and select contractors who conduct work outside of their home on behalf of Belong Health and its partners. This applies to those who work within our facilities; interact directly with members and patients; attend in-person meetings or trainings; and/or represent Belong Health at events or volunteer activities. Medical and religious exemptions will be considered, and this policy will not supersede state or local laws.
Belong Health is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience to apply.