Hello, we’re Belong.
We partner with regional payers to deliver Medicare Advantage and Special Needs Plan products.
With a dual focus on data-driven, proactive clinical intervention and unwaveringly empathetic patient experience, Belong has completely reimagined health insurance for seniors and other Medicare-eligible individuals who have been disregarded and deprioritized for far too long.
We believe that only by recognizing individuals can we make communities strong.
Belong Health. Kinder, more supportive care.
Vice President, Strategic Partnerships requires expertise in the transformation occurring in health insurance for Medicare, Medicaid, and Dual-Eligible populations, the impact it is having on payers and providers, and a deep understanding of managed care and the value-propositions for healthcare organizations to assume more risk to manage complex populations. This position will carry a quota for revenue, billings, and pipeline development.
This position will have primary responsibility for building and developing relationships at the C-suite of payer and provider organizations, and leveraging preexisting relationships with local and regional payers to create and close on business development opportunities. The Vice President, Strategic Partnerships will represent Belong Health’s full-stack solution for D-SNP by calling on “C” suite leaders. This is a consultative and solution-based sale that requires the ability to analyze customer needs, develop complex solutions and gain buy in throughout large and heavily matrixed organizations. This executive must be able to source and surface the opportunity and be able to commercialize a strategy for the potential client.
Ideal candidates will possess a strong track record of experience and demonstrated success in healthcare solution selling, as well as demonstrate the ability to be entrepreneurial and work well within a small team.
- Ability to cultivate and close on large, complex, multi-year deals, often requiring the creation of joint venture companies
- Support the Chief Revenue Officer with research, prospecting, planning, and qualifying deals
- Ability to have dialogue with executives to understand their business priorities, and map them to Belong Health’s solutions
- Proactively call on healthcare decision-makers to develop and foster relationships with local and regional payer organizations and health systems
- Proactively understand a prospect’s regulatory environment at the State level, for Medicaid and Dual-Eligible products, and build and maintain relationships with key advisors and influencers in the state whether that be consultants, politicians or anyone else that influences the C-Suite of our clients
- Sustain a comprehensive understanding of Belong Health’s solutions, including the technology and services we provide and display a deep understanding as to how they impact a payer or provider
- Participate in relevant industry conferences and associations
- Travel to prospects and clients to meet key contacts and present solutions, facilitate meetings to manage and grow the sales pipeline
EDUCATION, TRAINING & PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Masters Preferred
- Extensive background in solution-based selling within a payer or provider
- Healthcare industry and strategic partnership experience is required. This includes skills and knowledge of D-SNP, CMS/CMMI programs, Medicare Advantage and payer contracting.
- 10+ years developing solutions or selling consulting, solutions or enterprise applications to hospital systems, payers and other entities in the healthcare industry.
- Minimum 5+ years prior experience working with accountable care organizations (ACO’s), hospital systems, payers and other entities in the healthcare industry.
- Proven track record in executing sales plans.
- Strong communication, presentation and negotiation skills required.
- Ethics and experience in a structured/regulated sales organization.
- Consulting experience is strongly preferred.
- Financial acumen is required.
- Travel up to 50%
- Deep analytical expertise
- Strong communication experience; excels as distilling the complexity of our business model into tangible and compelling solutions for key stakeholders
- Capable of developing strong and enduring relationships with new and existing customers to develop new partnerships as well as expanding existing ones
- Demonstrates cross-functional leadership; is able to effectively rally organizational leaders around business development efforts to ensure all are aligned and engaged in the sales process
- Metrics and operationally driven to ensure that goals, targets and data are utilized to drive the sales process and funnel
- Effective and inspiriting leader of teams and people; focuses on developing and maximizing the potential of the team
HEALTH AND SAFETY
Belong Health and its partners require full vaccination for associates and select contractors who conduct work outside of their home on behalf of Belong Health and its partners. This applies to those who work within our facilities; interact directly with members and patients; attend in-person meetings or trainings; and/or represent Belong Health at events or volunteer activities. Medical and religious exemptions will be considered, and this policy will not supersede state or local laws.
Belong Health is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience to apply.