Hello, we’re Belong.
We partner with regional payers to deliver Medicare Advantage and Special Needs Plan products.
With a dual focus on data-driven, proactive clinical intervention and unwaveringly empathetic patient experience, Belong has completely reimagined health insurance for seniors and other Medicare-eligible individuals who have been disregarded and deprioritized for far too long.
We believe that only by recognizing individuals can we make communities strong.
Belong Health. Kinder, more supportive care.
Belong Health is expanding! This job listing is for future LCSW openings at Belong Health in the Hudson Valley, NY area.
Why do we exist?
Belong Health was created to bring a high-quality, seamless customer experience to vulnerable Americans with complex health needs. We believe that all Americans deserve an opportunity for optimal health, and we understand that health is related to many factors outside of traditional healthcare. We are dedicated to a vision of the future where holistic health incorporates data and technology into a humanistic and behaviorally sophisticated model of care.
What do we do?
Belong Health is a partner platform launch- built-for-purpose, technology-enabled healthcare organizations. They aggregate the leading talent in the market to solve specific problems in healthcare that improve the lives of patients and lead the industry towards a more rational, sustainable, and humane model of care. Belong Health partners with regional health plans to deliver best-in-class Medicare Advantage (MA) and Specials Needs Plan (SNP) products, creating new opportunities for organic growth that enable better service for their existing membership.
How do we do it?
Belong Health provides the services and funding to launch a new health plan: Belong Health works with regional health plans to understand their relative market position & operational strengths, create specific strategies that deliver MA / SNP membership, and launch complementary but distinct new plans together.
Where do I fit in?
The Licensed Clinical Social Worker provide Belong Health members and families with the psychosocial support needed to cope with chronic, acute, or terminal illnesses. The Social Worker will telephonically assess, identify needs, coordinate, educate, case manage and/or coach members. Services include providing member education and counseling, making necessary referrals to social services programs and coordinating necessary services for Belong Health members across all product lines. Establishes and maintains relationships with community agencies to provide contracted and alternative services when appropriate. Refers members and/or families to community resources to assist in recovery from physical or long-term illness and to provide access to services such as financial assistance, legal aid, housing, or education. Participate in discharge planning and care coordination meetings with multiple providers. Collaborates with other professionals to evaluate patients’ medical or physical condition and to assess member needs. Monitor, evaluate, and record client progress according to measurable goals described in treatment and care plan. Follows case management cases to successful completion using appropriate documentation. Performs other duties as assigned by management.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communication - Provides clear, concise information to others in a variety of formats (verbal, written, electronic, etc.). Listens actively and empathetically to the views of others. Asks the appropriate questions to ensure that all relevant facts are considered before a decision is made or an action is initiated. Helps others consider new perspectives. Delivers critical information to all stakeholders/everyone involved. Seeks to clarify ambiguity. Utilizes communication technology.
- Maintains Confidentiality - Preserve’s confidences. Evokes trust and candor during and after confidential discussions. Gets permission upfront to divulge private information. Shares information in discussions and negotiations to minimum necessary to achieve results. Abides by company and departmental regulations and confidentiality policies.
- Customer Service - Provides prompt and courteous service. Takes the time to uncover the customer’s real needs and provides solutions that directly relate to customers' requests. Provides solutions that directly relate to customers’ requests or anticipated needs. Works constantly to provide superior value to the customer, making each interaction a positive one. Shows enthusiasm when interacting with customers. Patiently and calmly tolerates rude customers; apologizes sincerely for inconveniences.
- Follows Procedures - Understands and follows prescribed company and department policies and procedures, to assure outcomes meet defined objectives, even when it is inconvenient to do so. Identifies policies and procedures which interfere with productivity and makes recommendations for process improvement.
- Inspiring Others - Motivates others to achieve high performance and personal satisfaction through a sense of purpose and spirit of cooperation. Impacts and motivates others through connecting, sharing, with a humble approach. Affects the behavior of others positively. Leads by example.
- Interpersonal Skills - Works effectively in a multicultural environment; respects the opinions, perspectives, customs, and individual differences of others. Interacts appropriately and respectfully with supervisors and coworkers. Uses appropriate strategies and solutions for dealing with conflicts and differences. Utilizes emotional intelligence to identify, understand and manage emotions. Demonstrates sensitivity and empathy. Respects diversity.
Follow-through on commitments. Lives up to verbal and written agreements, regardless of personal cost.
Attention to detail. Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
Persistence. Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
Proactivity. Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the team. Creativity/innovation. Generates new and innovative solutions to problems.
Enthusiasm - Exhibits passion and excitement over work. Has a can-do attitude.
Listening skills - Lets others speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints. Communication - Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative. Maintains this standard in all forms of written communication, including e-mail. Teamwork. Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish and overall collaborative working relationship.
ON-TIME - Someone who respects other people’s time, efficient with time, completes tasks on time, speaks up if the time expectations are not realistic.
ACCOUNTABLE - Someone who consistently does what they say they are going to do when they say they are going to do it.
ACTIVE PARTNER - Someone who is a proactive team member, willing to jump in and lend a hand without being specifically asked to do so.
- Valid New York State driver’s license
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker degree with active license
- Master’s degree in health care or social work preferred
- Working knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid programs and experience with regulatory requirements and reporting.
- Knowledge of managed care and / or member services.
- Knowledge of community services and resources for elders and disabled.
- Familiarity with coordinated care models is an advantage.
- 2+ years’ experience in a member services department, health care organization, Community Based Organization, or social services environment.
- Demonstrated experience in a managed care or HMO setting is strongly preferred
- Three (3) to Five (5) years of progressively responsible in a high-volume call health care or social service related.
- Understanding of the needs and dynamics of elder care services, disadvantaged, disengaged populations.
- Experience in participating in cross departmental projects and policy and procedure changes, including coordination of activities and initiatives across departments.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, high volume call-center environment and manage staff to both meet and exceed goals and key performance measures.
- Passionate about customer service with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Excellent problem solving, trend identification, and analytical skills, with a demonstrated ability to problem solve effectively and efficiently.
- Commitment to high ethical standards in all work; protects the privacy of member and Belong Health data and exercises discretion in handling confidential member information.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Demonstrated PC skills using Microsoft applications.
- Must be able to travel to other office locations, as necessary.
- Must be able to work flexible schedule.
- In depth knowledge of managed care product portfolio, benefits, policies and procedures.
- Strong active listening, issue assessment and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational and follow through skills.
- Ability to exercise discretion in handling confidential member information.
- Passion for customer service and process improvement.
- Self-direct individual.
- Office work; may be sitting for long periods of time.
- Some travel may be required.
- Ability to work independently and maintain flexibly in fast paced start up environment.
- Must have access to reliable daily transportation.
- Superior knowledge of healthcare products and services.
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus.
Belong Health is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience to apply.