Hello, we’re Belong.
We partner with regional payers to deliver Medicare Advantage and Special Needs Plan products.
With a dual focus on data-driven, proactive clinical intervention and unwaveringly empathetic patient experience, Belong has completely reimagined health insurance for seniors and other Medicare-eligible individuals who have been disregarded and deprioritized for far too long.
We believe that only by recognizing individuals can we make communities strong.
Belong Health. Kinder, more supportive care.
Why do we exist?
Belong Health was created to bring a high-quality, seamless customer experience to vulnerable Americans with complex health needs. We believe that all Americans deserve an opportunity for optimal health, and we understand that health is related to many factors outside of traditional healthcare. We are dedicated to a vision of the future where holistic health incorporates data and technology into a humanistic and behaviorally sophisticated model of care.
What do we do?
Belong Health is a partner platform launch- built-for-purpose, technology-enabled healthcare organizations. They aggregate the leading talent in the market to solve specific problems in healthcare that improve the lives of patients and lead the industry towards a more rational, sustainable, and humane model of care. Belong Health partners with regional health plans to deliver best-in-class Medicare Advantage (MA) and Specials Needs Plan (SNP) products, creating new opportunities for organic growth that enable better service for their existing membership.
How do we do it?
Belong Health provides the services and funding to launch a new health plan: Belong Health works with regional health plans to understand their relative market position & operational strengths, create specific strategies that deliver MA / SNP membership, and launch complementary but distinct new plans together.
Where do I fit in?
Your role at Belong Health is on the frontline of member engagement as a “quarterback” of healthcare. You will be part of a dynamic team including community health workers, therapists, and a full range of clinical supports. Every day, you will make a difference in member’s lives and help create a seamless experience towards optimal health.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Community Services Care Coordinator Nurse Care Manager (CSCC-RNCM) you will:
- be the team member primarily responsible for the most medically complex members
- identify, develop, and implement the individual care plan (ICP)
- orient new members to the MVP DSNP program and educate the member, family and/or primary caregiver regarding plan benefits
- work directly with members, members’ families and/or advocates, providers, and community service organizations on an ongoing basis to address their needs and wishes
- ensure that members have access to the range of supportive services needed to promote quality of life, including social and health support services
- empower members to make informed decisions and advocate on their behalf
- conduct in-home, work, or day program visits (if you are on a field-based team)
- assist members in reducing/resolving challenges or barriers to achieve their optimal level of health, independence, safety, and well-being
- meet with physician representatives to identify member health needs (virtual or in-person for field-based teams)
- develop and maintain a collaborative relationship with community-based resources, and the entire Belong Health team
- promote a culture of accountability and performance to both meet and exceed personal service vision goals and ensure timely and satisfactory resolution of highly complex, specialized, and non-routine customer issues
Follow-through on commitments. Lives up to verbal and written agreements, regardless of personal cost.
Attention to detail. Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
Persistence. Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
Proactivity. Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the team. Creativity/innovation. Generates new and innovative solutions to problems.
Enthusiasm - Exhibits passion and excitement over work. Has a can-do attitude.
Listening skills - Lets others speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints. Communication - Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative. Maintains this standard in all forms of written communication, including e-mail. Teamwork. Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish and overall collaborative working relationship.
ON-TIME - Someone who respects other people’s time, efficient with time, completes tasks on time, speaks up if the time expectations are not realistic.
ACCOUNTABLE - Someone who consistently does what they say they are going to do when they say they are going to do it.
ACTIVE PARTNER - Someone who is a proactive team member, willing to jump in and lend a hand without being specifically asked to do so.
- Valid New York State driver’s license
- Nursing degree with active license
- Master’s degree in health care or social work preferred.
- Working knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid programs and experience with regulatory requirements and reporting.
- Knowledge of managed care and / or member services.
- Knowledge of community services and resources for elders and disabled.
- Familiarity with coordinated care models is an advantage.
- 2+ years’ experience in a member services department, health care organization, Community Based Organization, or social services environment.
- Demonstrated experience in a managed care or HMO setting is strongly preferred
- Three (3) to Five (5) years of progressively responsible in a high-volume call health care or social service related.
- Understanding of the needs and dynamics of elder care services, disadvantaged, disengaged populations.
- Experience in participating in cross departmental projects and policy and procedure changes, including coordination of activities and initiatives across departments.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, high volume call-center environment and manage staff to both meet and exceed goals and key performance measures.
- Passionate about customer service with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Excellent problem solving, trend identification, and analytical skills, with a demonstrated ability to problem solve effectively and efficiently.
- Commitment to high ethical standards in all work; protects the privacy of member and NewCo data and exercises discretion in handling confidential member information.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Demonstrated PC skills using Microsoft applications.
- Must be able to travel to other office locations, as necessary.
- Must be able to work flexible schedule.
- In depth knowledge of managed care product portfolio, benefits, policies and procedures.
- Strong active listening, issue assessment and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational and follow through skills.
- Ability to exercise discretion in handling confidential member information.
- Passion for customer service and process improvement.
- Self-direct individual.
- Office work; may be sitting for long periods of time.
- Some travel may be required.
- Ability to work independently and maintain flexibly in fast paced start up environment.
- Must have access to reliable daily transportation.
- Superior knowledge of healthcare products and services.
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus.
Belong Health is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience to apply.