IN A NUTSHELL
Since we launched with a range of six wallets 13+ years ago, we’ve grown significantly and now release about 50 new products a year (give or take). Our Production team is in charge of ensuring all of these products (and those yet to come) are manufactured on time, in the right quantity and to up to standard.
As our Production and Supply Coordinator, you’ll be an integral member of this team. You’ll work closely with our suppliers, courier services and freight forwarders to keep everything moving along as it should. You’ll need to be able to make production plans, set delivery timelines, be highly aware of any potential issues or delays before they happen and communicate effectively to help others - external and internal - stay on course. You’ll be responsible for keeping tabs on factory output and stock levels, as well as external logistics including the shipping of raw materials, finished goods and samples. There is a lot of movement but you’re highly organised and planning is what you do best.
Bring your desire to learn, organisation and excellent communication skills. In return we’ll offer an inclusive team to work alongside, an award winning culture to be a part of and the support you need to develop your skills further.
YOU COULD BE THE ONE IF YOU…
- Have a couple of years of experience in a production planning or procurement role, alternatively, you have skills acquired elsewhere that you’d like to use in this area (we are open to different backgrounds)
- Are experienced in handling, or have a deep understanding of international shipments (ocean and air) and working with overseas suppliers
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills
- Are comfortable with negotiating costs and timelines with suppliers, carriers and freight forwarders
- Strong organisation and analytical skills, with great attention to detail (Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel/ Google Sheets )
- The desire to work collaboratively in a team within a fast-paced, agile environment
IF YOU WERE HERE LAST WEEK, YOU MIGHT HAVE…
- Communicated the weekly and monthly plan with our suppliers and made agreements with them on delivery timelines – then monitored their output to make sure they were on track
- Collaborated with your manager to develop efficient shipment plans and communicated shipment plans to suppliers
- Worked with our Supply Planner to understand the required orders, and generated purchase orders for them
- Negotiated with external freight forwarders to find the most feasible options for shipment taking into consideration cost and lead time
- Worked closely with the quality assurance team to organize QC shipments from suppliers
- Communicated status of shipments with the production team and other internal stakeholders
- Worked closely with the remote support team to ensure inbound shipments are processed on time in ERP system without any errors
- Supported our sales team with a couple of special orders and shipping arrangements for our customers
- Noticed a process that wasn’t working well and made some tweaks to improve your workflow
- Attended weekly meetings with the production team to talk through current projects
LOCATION AND HOURS
This role is a full-time role based in our Collingwood office with some work-from-home flexibility.