IN A NUTSHELL
Since we launched 10 years ago with a range of six wallets, we’ve grown, and now release 50+ new products a year. We’re expanding into different categories, and our Product development team, (key to getting all of these products and those yet to come into the world), are on the search for a Product Developer to join them in a period of rapid growth. Could it be you?
As our Product Developer, you’ll work collaboratively with diversely skilled product designers and product developers to refine and engineer our designs by testing and prototyping (in-house and with external suppliers). You’ll have solid proficiency in 3D CAD, 3D print, prototyping, and enjoy being hands-on with a strong desire to dive deep into the details of our manufacturing processes. Your methodical, iterative process will help shape a design vision into something practical, realistic and production-friendly while maintaining the integrity and character of the original design.
Bring us your practical expertise, critical desire for improvement and appreciation for good design. In return, we’ll provide you with stretch goals, the chance to develop products you are proud of and an award-winning company culture.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF OUR PRODUCT DEVELOPER MIGHT INCLUDE…
- Discussing a new design concept with the design team and thinking about the process to make it a reality
- Working on drawings and 3D models for the tooling we might need and, sharing, discussing and refining them with your manager and peers
- Using our lab to proof-out the tooling and product construction process
- Checking development samples from the supplier, clearly documenting your feedback and following up to make all of the necessary changes clear
- Designing tests for a new product in the development process
- Undertaking research on new technologies for improving a traditional cutting process
YOU COULD BE THE ONE IF YOU HAVE…
- 3+ years experience in a similar role, demonstrating clear tenure in product development and engineering
- Proficiency in 3D CAD
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, experience in injection moulding and 3D printing
- Familiarity with Illustrator, Adobe cloud-based software and software/technology in general
- Serious nous around the manufacturing process
- Extensive testing knowledge and supplier prototyping management
- Project planning experience with the ability to manage complex projects with strict deadlines
- A strong desire to learn by trying new things, shifting and adapting your approach to push for improvement
- The ability to communicate clearly with people from all backgrounds (you’ll be interacting a lot with our overseas manufacturers so mandarin fluency would be a welcome bonus!)
WHY WORK FOR BELLROY?
Bellroy’s mission is to inspire better ways to carry; use business as a force for good; and help the world – and our crew – flourish. We make great carry products that delight people in their everyday lives, while constantly innovating to improve the sustainability of our materials. We donate a portion of our revenue to some of the world’s most effective charities and are a certified B Corporation.
We have carefully built our culture on radical effectiveness. Our credo is "smart people with good intentions who get shit done" (yes, really). We help our staff love their work and grow as people. Internally, we’re proud of our workplace culture; externally, we’ve been recognised as Australia’s Best Place to Work 2021, in the "< 100 Employees" category.
LOCATION AND HOURS
This is a full-time role located in Fitzroy, with some travel to our design lab in Bells Beach.
We're ready when you are!