Behavox is shaping the future for how businesses harness their most important raw material - data. Our mission is bold: Organize enterprise data into actionable information that protects and promotes the business growth of multinational companies around the world.
From managing enterprise risk and compliance to maximizing revenue and value, our data operating platform presents a widespread opportunity to build multilingual, AI/ML-based solutions that activate data for every function within a global enterprise.
Our approach is unique, and it’s validated by our customers who tell us to keep forging ahead because no one else is aggregating, analyzing, and acting on data to uncover opportunities or solve problems quite the way we are.
We are looking for fearless innovators who have an insatiable appetite for building what no one has built before.
About the Role
Behavox is an ecosystem of products with the common mission to organize all corporate communications and productivity data on Earth, and to make it useful to human organizations around the globe to become more compliant, improve conduct & culture, automate their CRM functions and more. We use behavioral signals captured in internal data to help businesses achieve better outcomes by linking employee behavior to specific business processes, which helps organizations understand how they can unleash the collective power of their people.
Platform Engineering is an essential part of the larger Technology Department. We focus on the technical design of complex data operation platform which is at the core of any Behavox product.
As a Java Platform Developer, you will be helping to scale Platform components and facilitate building new products on top of them.
For the right Talent this is a great opportunity because:
1. You will learn the modern big data tech stack (Kafka, Hadoop, ElasticSearch, Cassandra), and how it works in the real production systems. No experience required, learn on practice.
2. We are not a startup, nor an enterprise - so this is the best time to join as your contribution will be highly visible and impactful.
3. We have small dynamic feature teams with short development cycles and dedicated releases in which you can promote your ideas from day one. We love competition.
What You'll Bring
- 2+ years of experience building scalable and reliable backend applications
- Strong knowledge of core Java, experience with any other JVM-based language (Groovy, Kotlin, Scala)
- Understanding of the JVM functioning, ability to troubleshoot performance problems
- Ability to write high-quality enterprise code (clean and easy to maintain)
- Experience with microservice technologies (e.g. Kubernetes, Nomad, Docker, Istio, Envoy)
What You'll Do
- Design complex scalable and reliable server-side Java-based applications
- Design and optimize solutions based on SQL or NoSQL technologies in high-load complex systems
- Write benchmarks and automated tests for critical features (unit, integration, end-to-end)
- Troubleshoot performance or reliability issues in the core functionality
- Learn the big data stack fast (Kafka, Hadoop, ElasticSearch, Cassandra), demonstrate the ability to be autonomous and take ownership of the modules and features assigned to you
What We Offer
- A truly global mission with a passionate community in locations all over the world
- Huge impact and learning potential as our aspirations require bold innovation
- Highly competitive compensation with 100% bonus pay already integrated
- Benefits include fully covered health coverage for employee and family
- Generous time-off policy and flexible work schedule
About Our Process
We take Talent very seriously and we are building a community of extraordinary individuals working together in very high performing teams. We also know that the best Talent always has options so we believe that the process has to be a two way assessment - the company AND the candidate assessing the business needs alignment, the career next step alignment, and the cultural alignment.
During the process we will begin by exploring the core factors regarding salary and location along with core experience and skills and values alignment. We will then deep dive explore the critical technical competencies we have identified for the role, and then we will deep dive in behavioral competencies.
The most aligned candidate will then be asked to do a practical work task simulation activity so we can make sure that you will enjoy the kind of work the role requires, and this task will typically be presented and discussed with a group of colleagues and managers.