Behavox is shaping the future for how businesses harness their most important raw material - data. Our mission is bold: Organize enterprise data into actionable information that protects and promotes the business growth of multinational companies around the world. From managing enterprise risk and compliance to maximizing revenue and value, our data operating platform presents a widespread opportunity to build multilingual, AI / ML - based solutions that activate data for every function within a global enterprise.
Our approach is unique, and it’s validated by our customers who tell us to keep forging ahead because no one else is aggregating, analyzing, and acting on data to uncover opportunities or solve problems quite the way we are.
We are looking for fearless innovators who have an insatiable appetite for building what no one has built before.
About the Role
As a Head of Platform engineering, you will lead 4 teams consisting of 20+ software engineers who are responsible for the design, development and operation of all back-end services. This includes data integration and ingestion, processing and application of NLP and machine learning model algorithms and Search. These back-end services are used by our product engineering teams to build and improve our 3 core product offerings which include Compliance, Insider Crime and Conduct. In 2022, we have decided to modernize and re-architect our core platform and move from a batch-based processing system (Hadoop) to a continuous event-based streaming system leveraging Kafka. The core technologies of the platform will include HDFS/Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, NoSQL (Hbase/Cassandra), and Elasticsearch. We primarily use Java with some python.
The role reports to the CTO where you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the success of the company at a critical stage in our growth. This is also an incredible opportunity to discover the world of real-time data processing and the use of artificial intelligence at scale apply modern technologies. You will also play an active role leading the design, development and deployment of our next generation platform critical to our success.
We are looking for a strong engineering leader who is a strategic and innovative problem solver with a passion for applying technology to solve real-world customer problems at scale. The ideal candidate is passionate about building high performance teams focused on quality, innovation and demonstrates excellent communication and organizational skills with an ability to connect with other engineers, as well as other leaders throughout the company.
What You'll Bring
- 7+ years of hands-on software development experience in Java and experience with any other JVM-based language (Groovy, Kotlin, Scala)
- 5+ years leading highly technical and high performing engineering teams - People management (hiring and layoff), Performance management skills (coaching & mentoring)
- Proven track record of architecting and delivering complex technical projects to solve problems at scale especially distributed data platforms (Hadoop/Kafka/Elastic)
- A passion for recruiting, developing, mentoring and retaining a world-class engineering team
- Lean thinking mindset, comfortable with Agile planning and estimation rituals, flexible and able to thrive in a fast paced, innovative young company
What You'll Do
- Lead multiple teams of talented back-end software engineers to design, plan, develop and deploy improvements to back-end platform services related to data ingestion, data processing and analytics
- Propose and champion ideas to help finalize the architecture, design and technology stack and then lead implementation of the Next Generation architecture
- Collaborate broadly across the organization and with senior leadership and across disciplines to drive team and individual performance focused on clear outcomes and OKRs for their teams
- Foster adoption to best engineering practices across all aspects of software development to build, deploy, test and release large scale services with quality and agility whilst maintaining our current platform to ensure we continue to meet customer commitments
- Facilitate overall technology strategy, quarterly and yearly goals, drive engineering best practices, ownership of delivering on core outcomes
What We Offer
- A truly global mission with a passionate community in locations all over the world
- Huge impact and learning potential as our aspirations require bold innovation
- Highly competitive compensation with 100% bonus pay already integrated
- Benefits include fully covered health coverage for employee and family
- Generous time-off policy and flexible work schedule
About Our Process
We take Talent very seriously and we are building a community of extraordinary individuals working together in very high performing teams. We also know that the best Talent always has options so we believe that the process has to be a two way assessment - the company AND the candidate assessing the business needs alignment, the career next step alignment, and the cultural alignment.
During the process we will begin by exploring the core factors regarding salary and location along with core experience and skills and values alignment. We will then deep dive explore the critical technical competencies we have identified for the role, and then we will deep dive in behavioural competencies.
The most aligned candidate will then be asked to do a practical work task simulation activity so we can make sure that you will enjoy the kind of work the role requires, and this task will typically be presented and discussed with a group of colleagues and managers. Finally we will ask you to meet with a number of our senior leaders to make sure that you are making the most informed call possible.