Behavox is shaping the future for how businesses harness their most important raw material - data. Our mission is bold: Organize enterprise data into actionable information that protects and promotes the business growth of multinational companies around the world.
From managing enterprise risk and compliance to maximizing revenue and value, our data operating platform presents a widespread opportunity to build multilingual, AI/ML-based solutions that activate data for every function within a global enterprise.
Our approach is unique, and it’s validated by our customers who tell us to keep forging ahead because no one else is aggregating, analyzing, and acting on data to uncover opportunities or solve problems quite the way we are.
We are looking for fearless innovators who have an insatiable appetite for building what no one has built before.
About the Role
The Behavox Platform team is building a scalable, fault-tolerant and highly performant storage and processing system which allows us to manage and analyze massive volumes of data. We have an extensive and flexible set of APIs to develop products that allow our clients to work through millions of data items, by searching, filtering, and visualizing relationships between entities in the system.
As Senior Manager of our Platform engineering team you will lead a strong team of engineers to re-architect and build our next generation platform leveraging Kafka, Elastic and other modern technologies. The Behavox Technology team aspires to be a world-class engineering department that applies proven engineering best practices in in how we design, build, test and operate our applications and services.
This is an incredible opportunity to discover the world of real-time data processing and play an active role in building our future platform as we scale the business. It will provide a great opportunity for the right Talent to:
1. Work on building our next generation event-based streaming analytics platform that will drive the success of the company over the next 2 to 5 years.
2. Mentor, grow and lead a world-class engineering team as we apply the principles in the DevOps Research and Assessment (DORA) capabilities to our daily practices.
3. Join a diverse and highly international Company with global operations from Tokyo to Abu Dhabi to London to Montreal and serving household name clients.
What You'll Bring
- 7+ years of hands-on software development experience in Java and experience with any other JVM-based language (Groovy, Kotlin, Scala)
- 3+ years leading highly technical engineering teams - People management (hiring and layoff), Performance management skills (coaching & mentoring)
- Proven track record of architecting and delivering complex technical projects to solve problems at scale especially distributed data platforms (Hadoop/Kafka/Elastic)
- Comfortable leading design and code reviews to foster adherence to coding best practices
- Lean thinking mindset, comfortable with Agile planning and estimation rituals, flexible and able to thrive in a fast paced, innovative young company
What You'll Do
- Lead a team of talented back-end software engineers to design, plan, develop and deploy improvements to back-end platform services
- Propose and champion ideas to help finalize the architecture, design and technology stack and then lead implementation of the Next Generation architecture
- Collaborate broadly across the organization and with senior leadership to drive team and individual performance focused on clear outcomes and OKRs for their teams
- Foster adoption to best engineering practices across all aspects of software development to build, deploy, test and release large scale services with quality and agility
- Facilitate sprint planning, grooming, estimation and technical requirements as part of team delivery
What We Offer
- A truly global mission with a passionate community in locations all over the world
- Huge impact and learning potential as our aspirations require bold innovation
- Highly competitive compensation with 100% bonus pay already integrated
- Benefits include fully covered health coverage for employee and family
- Generous time-off policy and flexible work schedule
About Our Process
We take Talent very seriously and we are building a community of extraordinary individuals working together in very high performing teams. We also know that the best Talent always has options so we believe that the process has to be a two way assessment - the company AND the candidate assessing the business needs alignment, the career next step alignment, and the cultural alignment.
During the process we will begin by exploring the core factors regarding salary and location along with core experience and skills and values alignment. We will then deep dive explore the critical technical competencies we have identified for the role, and then we will deep dive in behavioral competencies.
The most aligned candidate will then be asked to do a practical work task simulation activity so we can make sure that you will enjoy the kind of work the role requires, and this task will typically be presented and discussed with a group of colleagues and managers. Finally we will ask you to meet with a number of our senior leaders to make sure that you are making the most informed call possible.