Beeswax is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to join our growing team. We were recently recognized as #46 on the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest Growing Companies in America, and #5 among all software companies. In 2018, we were also named by Business Insider as the “fastest growing company in AdTech".
At Beeswax, we make great advertising software. Beeswax created the Bidder-as-a-Service™ concept because we believe that every advertiser should have power, flexibility, and transparency when buying advertising programmatically. So come join the team and help us take our customers into the next generation of Real-Time Bidding.
Our company is an easy to use, massive scale and high availability advertising platform founded by industry veterans who worked together at Google. We’re well funded by leading VCs, such as RRE and Foundry Group, and are rapidly expanding our customer list and our engineering team. We offer our customers the most extensible and transparent advertising system in the world and process millions of transactions per second.
Our engineers come from major tech companies such as Amazon and Facebook as well as many other companies with strong software disciplines. Building and selling great advertising software that we’re proud of is the absolute heart of our mission.
At our transaction volumes we regularly deal with scaling challenges as our tech grows and evolves. To manage the firehose of data coming in, we explore complex tradeoffs and carefully architect high performance distributed systems. Those in turn require elegant and thoughtfully designed APIs to make the systems accessible to both our team and our customers.
As a Site Reliability Engineer at Beeswax, you will be responsible for the performance, reliability, and security of revenue-critical systems serving upwards of 2 million QPS with latency thresholds of 100ms. You will design and maintain the global infrastructure supporting millions of dollars in revenue.
Our ideal candidate will have both systems and software backgrounds. We are on AWS and therefore experience with AWS is a major plus.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Design, deploy and operate the infrastructure services used by all the teams such as Kubernetes, Network Traffic Management, Logging, Monitoring, Key-Value stores.
- Participate and improve the whole lifecycle of Beeswax services by establishing processes around design reviews, launch reviews, on-call support and capacity planning.
- Develop tools and frameworks to scale the management of systems and use automation for simplifying deployments and upgrades
- Maintain service SLA once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Establish a foundation for security and constantly evolve the system to defend against threats.
Who You Are:
- BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Expertise in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Experience developing software or tools in Python or BASH.
- Hands-on experience with AWS.
- Bonus Points
- Experience with high performance networking
- Experience with performance tuning of Linux kernel
- Experience with real time-monitoring solutions
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, and software design
Successful Engineers at Beeswax Have:
- An ethic of service and a belief in putting the customer first
- A powerful sense of pragmatism to figure out what needs to be done right versus right now
- A curiosity about technology and a desire to use it to solve problems in all sorts of domains
- An openness to feedback and more than just the spelling skills to know that there’s no I in Team
- An appreciation of repeatability, resilience, observability, and operational simplicity