Beeswax’s mission is to build great advertising software. Our product is an easy to use, massive scale and high availability advertising platform founded by industry veterans who worked together at Google. We offer our customers the most extensible and transparent advertising system in the world and process billions of transactions per second.
We are looking for a Senior Machine Learning Engineer with an in-depth working knowledge of the latest in Machine Learning/Data Science technologies and cloud platforms to join our Optimization team.
In this role you’ll work on a wide range of computational challenges such as: CTR prediction, forecasting, bidding models, and delivery optimization. We practice an effective data science process that recognizes the uncertainty in explorations for ML solutions but also emphasizes an agile software engineering workflow. We use the most popular tools in the Python data science ecosystem and embrace innovation.
Our tech stack is always evolving to meet the challenges of the massive scale of transactions on which we operate. To manage the firehose of data coming in, we explore complex tradeoffs and carefully architect high performance distributed systems. Those in turn require elegant and thoughtfully designed interfaces to make the systems accessible to both our team and our customers.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Lead data science projects and ensure they deliver business value
- Work with the Product and Engineering team to build data model pipelines to power customer-driven products
- Guide major architectural changes as we scale to improve our engineering velocity
- Implement and test the latest research works
- Mentor other engineers on architecture and process
What You Should Have:
- MSc or above in a STEM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics) subject
- 5+ years of an excellent track record with Machine Learning/Data Science in industry
- Strong understanding and experience in distributed computing frameworks, especially in Apache Spark
- Expert-level proficiency in Python and SQL
- Practical experience with Data Warehousing (especially Snowflake), Deep Reinforcement Learning and out-of-core algorithms
- Good understanding of engineering best practices, agile (as it applies to Data Science), and version control
- Effective collaboration with Product, Customer, and Engineering teams
- An appreciation for (or tolerance of) bee puns
Successful Engineers at Beeswax Value:
- An ethic of service and a belief in putting the customer first
- A powerful sense of pragmatism to figure out what needs to be done right versus right now
- A curiosity about technology and a desire to use it in all sorts of domains
- Openness and a team first attitude
- An appreciation of repeatability, observability, and operational simplicity
More About Beeswax:
- Beeswax was founded in 2014 and since then we’ve raised $28M in funding from leading VCs including RRE and Foundry Group and have grown rapidly.
- We believe in and invest in personal growth and we’ve got the results to back it up: we’ve been recognized as one of America’s Fastest Growing Companies by Inc. 5000, we’ve won several Best Places to Work awards, and our team loves the culture.
- We value diversity and incorporate an array of professional experiences on our product & engineering teams. Some of our teammates hail from tech companies like Google, Amazon and Facebook; others from financial giants like Bloomberg and Bank of America; and more from some great software engineering cultures such as Compass and x.ai.