Do you know modern web stacks from soup to nuts? Have strong opinions about clean URLs and dirty objects in ORMs? We want to talk to you!
Beeswax is looking for a Senior Web Engineer - Backend to join our growing team. We were recently recognized on the Inc. 5000 list as #46 in the fastest growing companies and #5 in the top software companies. In 2018, we were also named by Business Insider as the “fastest growing company in AdTech".
At Beeswax, we make great advertising software. Beeswax created the Bidder-as-a-Service™ concept because we believe that every advertiser should have power, flexibility, and transparency when buying advertising programmatically. So come join the team and help us take our customers into the next generation of Real-Time Bidding.
Our company is an easy to use, massive scale and high availability advertising platform founded by industry veterans who worked together at Google. We’re well funded by leading VCs, such as RRE and Foundry Group, and are rapidly expanding our customer list and our engineering team. We offer our customers the most extensible and transparent advertising platform in the world and process millions of transactions per second.
Our engineers come from major tech companies such as Amazon and Facebook as well as many other companies with strong software disciplines. We take pride in our mission to build great advertising software.
Our tech stack is constantly evolving to meet the challenges of the massive scale of transactions on which we operate. To manage the firehose of data coming in, we explore complex tradeoffs and carefully architect high performance distributed systems. Those in turn require elegant and thoughtfully designed interfaces to make the systems accessible to both our team and our customers.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Work on our public REST API that supports both our customers and our own JS UI
- Drive major architectural changes as we scale to improve our engineering velocity
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers, designers and data scientists to evolve these services to provide new experiences for our customers as well as meet our ever-growing scale
- Guide and mentor other engineers on architecture and process
- Do fun tasks like reviewing code, writing design docs and closing JIRA tickets
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of web engineering experience at strong software companies
- Experience with building and operating a modern REST API (ie. Swagger, monitoring, rate limiting, authentication, etc.)
- A solid understanding of relational databases (we use Amazon Aurora MySQL)
- A solid understanding of modern operational processes and concerns for web applications (deployment, provisioning, monitoring)
- A strong grasp of software architecture (from classes or self-learning)
- An appreciation (or tolerance of) bee puns
- An ability to think about and tackle problems analytically
Successful Engineers at Beeswax Have:
- An ethic of service and a belief in putting the customer first
- A powerful sense of pragmatism to figure out what needs to be done right versus right now
- A curiosity about technology and a desire to use it to solve problems in all sorts of domains
- An openness to feedback and more than just the spelling skills to know that there’s no I in Team
- An appreciation of repeatability, resilience, observability, and operational simplicity