Be Biopharma is looking to hire a Sr/Principal Scientist, B Cell Platform. We are looking for highly motivated, experienced, and innovative thinkers to join our growing team of passionate researchers to leverage B cells as a novel class of cellular medicine. This role will focus on developing strategies to generate B cell medicines for oncology and rare disease applications, overseeing experiments, and mentoring staff. It’s an exciting opportunity to make a difference in a novel therapeutic area that has transformative potential to impact patients’ lives.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Implement high-throughput methods to accelerate innovations in the culture and differentiation of B cells
- Serve as a subject matter expert in immune cell characterization techniques including multicolor flow cytometry, multiplexed ELISA, transcriptomics, and phenotypic screening
- Explore antibody class-switching biology using both cytokine and genetic manipulation
- Serve as a liaison to R&D pipeline and TechOps teams by communicating scientific findings and transferring newly developed protocols across the organization
- Maintain awareness of the latest developments in B cell biology and explore innovative approaches and techniques to characterize cell and antibody function
- Support regulatory findings by coordinating the generation of a comprehensive data package describing the culture methods and phenotypic characterization of B cell medicines
- Contribute to the external scientific presentation and /or publication of Be Bio's platform and/or cell medicines
- Training, supervision and development of staff
Minimum Experience, Education, and Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
Must thrive in a fast-paced, growing, and innovative environment where flexibility, resourcefulness, resiliency, and communication skills are key. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with your stakeholders, and being an all-around good company citizen are essential.
- PhD in Immunology or a related field
- 5+ years of directly applicable experience in the pharma or biotech industry focused on cell therapy development (title commensurate with experience)
- Demonstrated record of scientific achievement (strong publication and/or patent record)
- Deep immunology expertise is required, knowledge of B cell biology is preferred
- Expert-level understanding of primary immune cell culture, engineering, and functional testing
- Experience designing and testing synthetic antibody, chimeric antigen receptor, and/or TCR/BCR constructs preferred
- Proven ability to establish and troubleshoot immune-oncology protocols
- Willingness to lead-by-example in the lab
- Strategic mindset, scientific creativity, ability to innovate, and aptitude for analytical problem solving
- Enjoys managing and training staff, and fostering career development
- Demonstrates the collaborative, communication, and presentation skills to work in a matrix-based and fast-moving environment
- Enthusiastic and motivated with a positive can-do attitude
About Be Biopharma
Be Biopharma (“Be Bio”) is pioneering Engineered B Cell Medicines (BeCM) to dramatically improve patients’ lives who are living with cancer, rare diseases and other serious conditions. With eyes locked on the patient, our team of purpose-driven scientists, technologists, manufacturing experts and business builders collaborate to create a bold new class of cell therapies. Be Bio was founded in October 2020 by Longwood Fund and B cell engineering pioneers David Rawlings, M.D., and Richard James, Ph.D. from Seattle Children’s Research Institute. Be Bio is backed by ARCH Venture Partners, Atlas Venture, RA Capital Management, Alta Partners, Longwood Fund, Bristol Myers Squibb and Takeda Ventures. Since our founding, Be Bio’s investors have committed over $180 million to enable the Company to re-imagine medicine based on the power of B cell therapy. For more information, please visit us at Be.Bio and our LinkedIn page.
The beating heart of Be Bio is our People and together we are building a culture driven by purpose, passion, and that’s full of character. We are “all-in” as we align ourselves with patients who need our medicines, and we embrace the highest standards of transparency, excellence, candor, collaboration, and team-based science with a shared ownership of company milestones and successes.
Our commitment to our team members is to deliver a compelling, dynamic work experience that enables them to continually stretch, grow, and learn, that enriches their lives, that fosters a sense of belonging and community, and that goes above and beyond to support them in big, meaningful ways in both their personal and professional lives. Be Bio is a team that works hard, plays hard, and supports each other on our shared journey to get transformative medicines to patients who need them.