The primary responsibilities of the in vivo pharmacology Sr. / Associate Scientist will be to develop pre-clinical small animal rare disease models, plan, and conduct in vivo pharmacology experiments to characterize the function of novel engineered human B lymphocyte cell therapies. The incumbent will also support ex vivo analyses and will be responsible for summarizing and presenting in vivo research data to key stakeholders within the research organization. This position will require deep cross-functional collaboration within Be Biopharma, as well as with external collaborators and CROs. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to contribute to projects across therapeutic areas and oversee studies run with external partners.
- Conduct in vivo (mouse) studies to characterize and assess the function, PK and biodistribution of gene engineered human B cell products
- Hands-on work will include dosing of mice (intravenous, oral or intraperitoneal) and isolation and processing of mouse blood or tissues
- Support the development of new in vivo models including, but not limited to, humanized mouse models, live animal bioluminescent or fluorescence imaging, in vivo target discovery models and developing/optimizing mouse models
- Flexibility in working with disease models with very different needs and study designs.
- Excellent experimental design, troubleshooting, and data analysis skills are required
- Great communication skills and team spirit is essential, and the ability to communicate results within research organization and at project team meetings required
- Work in a closely integrated team to organize and execute studies involving novel gene edited B cell product
Experience, Education, Specialized Knowledge, and Skills:
Must thrive in a fast-paced, growing, and innovative environment where flexibility, resourcefulness, resiliency, and communication skills are key. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with your stakeholders, and being an all-around good company citizen are essential!
- BS, MS or Ph.D. degree in Immunology, Immune-Oncology, Cancer Biology, or closely related field with a track record of delivering high quality research (title commensurate with experience)
- 2+ years relevant experience in biopharmaceutical, biotechnology industry, or translational academic environment
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently both independently and in a team environment
- Demonstrates scientific creativity, critical thinking, ability to innovate, and analytical problem solving
- Ability to present complex experimental details to a large group and seek out and incorporate feedback on experimental design
About Be Biopharma
Be Biopharma (“Be Bio”) is pioneering Engineered B Cell Medicines (BeCM) to dramatically improve patients’ lives who are living with cancer, rare diseases and other serious conditions. With eyes locked on the patient, our team of purpose-driven scientists, technologists, manufacturing experts and business builders collaborate to create a bold new class of cell therapies. Be Bio was founded in October 2020 by Longwood Fund and B cell engineering pioneers David Rawlings, M.D., and Richard James, Ph.D. from Seattle Children’s Research Institute. Be Bio is backed by ARCH Venture Partners, Atlas Venture, RA Capital Management, Alta Partners, Longwood Fund, Bristol Myers Squibb and Takeda Ventures. Since our founding, Be Bio’s investors have committed over $180 million to enable the Company to re-imagine medicine based on the power of B cell therapy. For more information, please visit us at Be.Bio and our LinkedIn page.
The beating heart of Be Bio is our People and together we are building a culture driven by purpose, passion, and that’s full of character. We are “all-in” as we align ourselves with patients who need our medicines, and we embrace the highest standards of transparency, excellence, candor, collaboration, and team-based science with a shared ownership of company milestones and successes.
Our commitment to our team members is to deliver a compelling, dynamic work experience that enables them to continually stretch, grow, and learn, that enriches their lives, that fosters a sense of belonging and community, and that goes above and beyond to support them in big, meaningful ways in both their personal and professional lives. Be Bio is a team that works hard, plays hard, and supports each other on our shared journey to get transformative medicines to patients who need them.