Be Biopharma is looking to hire a Senior Research Associate / Associate Scientist to join our Cell Engineering Team and support the genomic safety assessment for our B cell medicines. We are looking for highly motivated, experienced, and innovative thinkers to join our growing team of passionate researchers to leverage B cells as a novel class of cellular medicine. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a foundational team and help build Be Bio!
Role & Responsibilities:
- Perform gene editing and cell engineering experiments in primary B cells
- Support internal and external efforts to assess genotoxicity and genome integrity in engineered B cells via profiling of off-target DNA editing, translocations, chromosomal rearrangements etc
- Apply NGS-based assays and molecular biology techniques, including ddPCR, qPCR, ELISA, and others to characterize engineered B cells
- Independently design experiments, acquire data, and analyze results
- Keep detailed records of all experiments in electronic lab notebook
- Work collaboratively as part of the Cell Engineering team
- Present experimental results and actively participate in team meetings
Minimum Experience, Education, and Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
Must thrive in a fast-paced, growing, and innovative environment where flexibility, resourcefulness, resiliency, and communication skills are key. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with your stakeholders, and being an all around good company citizen are essential.
- BS/MS in Cell and Molecular Biology, Bioengineering, Immunology, Pharmacology or a related field
- 1+ years of relevant experience in the pharma or biotech industry, or an academic research group focused on genome engineering/gene editing and/or cell therapies is preferred (title commensurate with experience)
- Experience with tissue culture and/or culturing primary immune cells required
- Experience with standard mammalian cell transfection/electroporation and transformation methodologies
- Demonstrated expertise establishing and troubleshooting molecular biology assays
- NGS-library preparation and/or experience with NGS instruments is desired
- Clear demonstration of reproducible science with an attention to detail
- Enthusiastic and motivated with a positive can-do attitude and demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team with excellent communication and presentation skills
About Be Biopharma
Be Biopharma (“Be Bio”) is pioneering Engineered B Cell Medicines (BeCM) to dramatically improve patients’ lives who are living with cancer, rare diseases and other serious conditions. With eyes locked on the patient, our team of purpose-driven scientists, technologists, manufacturing experts and business builders collaborate to create a bold new class of cell therapies. Be Bio was founded in October 2020 by Longwood Fund and B cell engineering pioneers David Rawlings, M.D., and Richard James, Ph.D. from Seattle Children’s Research Institute. Be Bio is backed by ARCH Venture Partners, Atlas Venture, RA Capital Management, Alta Partners, Longwood Fund, Bristol Myers Squibb and Takeda Ventures. Since our founding, Be Bio’s investors have committed over $180 million to enable the Company to re-imagine medicine based on the power of B cell therapy. For more information, please visit us at Be.Bio and our LinkedIn page.
The beating heart of Be Bio is our People and together we are building a culture driven by purpose, passion, and that’s full of character. We are “all-in” as we align ourselves with patients who need our medicines, and we embrace the highest standards of transparency, excellence, candor, collaboration, and team-based science with a shared ownership of company milestones and successes.
Our commitment to our team members is to deliver a compelling, dynamic work experience that enables them to continually stretch, grow, and learn, that enriches their lives, that fosters a sense of belonging and community, and that goes above and beyond to support them in big, meaningful ways in both their personal and professional lives. Be Bio is a team that works hard, plays hard, and supports each other on our shared journey to get transformative medicines to patients who need them.