Be Biopharma is seeking a dynamic and pro-active Executive Assistant. In this position, you will report to and support two or three members of the executive team. The person in this role will be an integral contributor, acting as the organizational and communication hub for the department and working collaboratively with other departments. This candidate will have extreme attention to detail as well as the ability to multi task and manage competing priorities. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a foundational team and help build Be Bio!
Role & Responsibilities:
- Coordinates executive calendar, meetings, schedule, travel arrangements, expense reports and prepares necessary materials. Consults with executives as needed to solicit information, provide critical updates and to coordinate information and priorities. Exercises tact, diplomacy and discretion in written and verbal communications.
- Plans, organizes and compiles data. Analyzes needs and problems, researches facts, determines approach, and organizes and coordinates information retrieval and documentation procedures. Exercising creativity, initiative and an understanding of the executive’s and departmental objectives. May independently prepare communications, budgets or data. Ensures accuracy of data and sources, and researches questions or problems demonstrating a sound knowledge of the technical specialty area(s) and general corporate policies and operations.
- Prepare for Board materials, coordinating preparation meetings, and managing the BOD meeting schedule
- Provide company communications support- coordinate activities with internal/external key stakeholders.
- Independently performs special projects that require a combined knowledge of administrative needs and technical operations. Selects appropriate resources and analyzes data as required i.e. budget projects, Advisory boards, event planning etc. Develops recommendations for executive approval and may assist with the implementation of contractual agreements or compliance activities.
- Responds to a wide variety of requests for information, policies and procedures, and executive action. Analyzes needs and problems, and determines approach and priority. Exercises tact, discretion, and an understanding of technical and organizational materials, issues and impact. Takes initiative to research technical or outside of policy questions. Evaluates and refers matters for appropriate handling, and coordinates, compiles and documents relevant data and background information to support executive decision making or problem resolution. Works with highly sensitive, time sensitive and confidential information
Minimum Experience, Education, and Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
Must thrive in a fast-paced, growing, and innovative environment where flexibility, resourcefulness, resiliency, and communication skills are key. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with your stakeholders, and being an all around good company citizen are essential.
- BA/BS and 8+ years related experience. Biotech or Pharmaceutical experience is preferred.
- Previous experience supporting C-level executive is required, CEO support is preferred.
- Experience with preparing Board materials, coordinating preparation meetings, and managing the BOD meeting schedule required.
- Prior executive assistant experience working in a busy, high-growth and fast-paced environment.
- Strong computer skills, in particular Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Administrative competence (typing, scheduling, e-mailing, coordinating calendars, copying)
- Top-notch organization skills with strong attention to detail.
- Experience working with all levels of management and consulting with key business stakeholders. An ability to influence for greater outcomes.
- Strong team player that has a customer service approach and is solution oriented who partners well, develops, and preserves positive relationships across the organization.
- Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills.
About Be Biopharma
Be Biopharma (“Be Bio”) is pioneering Engineered B Cell Medicines (BeCM) to dramatically improve patients’ lives who are living with cancer, rare diseases and other serious conditions. With eyes locked on the patient, our team of purpose-driven scientists, technologists, manufacturing experts and business builders collaborate to create a bold new class of cell therapies. Be Bio was founded in October 2020 by Longwood Fund and B cell engineering pioneers David Rawlings, M.D., and Richard James, Ph.D. from Seattle Children’s Research Institute. Be Bio is backed by ARCH Venture Partners, Atlas Venture, RA Capital Management, Alta Partners, Longwood Fund, Bristol Myers Squibb and Takeda Ventures. Since our founding, Be Bio’s investors have committed over $180 million to enable the Company to re-imagine medicine based on the power of B cell therapy. For more information, please visit us at Be.Bio and our LinkedIn page.
The beating heart of Be Bio is our People and together we are building a culture driven by purpose, passion, and that’s full of character. We are “all-in” as we align ourselves with patients who need our medicines, and we embrace the highest standards of transparency, excellence, candor, collaboration, and team-based science with a shared ownership of company milestones and successes.
Our commitment to our team members is to deliver a compelling, dynamic work experience that enables them to continually stretch, grow, and learn, that enriches their lives, that fosters a sense of belonging and community, and that goes above and beyond to support them in big, meaningful ways in both their personal and professional lives. Be Bio is a team that works hard, plays hard, and supports each other on our shared journey to get transformative medicines to patients who need them.