Reporting to the head of Program & Project Management, Be Bio is looking for an experienced CMC Project Management leader to support the delivery of early research programs and technical projects. This role will partner with functional leads to define CMC strategy and drive execution. This role will be responsible for translating CMC strategy into an operational plan that supports advancement of development and manufacturing from early research to the clinic, and beyond. This role also presents an opportunity to shape the Program & Project Management function both near and long term.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Partner with functional leads from P&AD, MSAT, manufacturing, regulatory, and supply chain to define CMC strategy and set team objectives
- Develop and drive execution of operational plans that integrates CMC activities & dependencies
- Build, maintain, and communicate critical path timelines
- Drive clarity, decisions, and communication on goals, milestones, assumptions, budget, and other key deliverables
- Prepare for and facilitate team meetings, working sessions, and collaborative discussions
- Proactively identify and manage risks and enable timely problem solving
- Build strong relationships with cross-functional internal and external stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Establish a culture of accountability, alignment, and collaboration with colleagues
- Bring ideas to help shape the Program & Project Management function and establish best practices across Be Bio.
Minimum Experience, Education, and Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
Must thrive in a fast-paced, growing, and innovative environment where flexibility, resourcefulness, resiliency, and communication skills are key. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with your stakeholders, and being an all around good company citizen are essential.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant science or engineering field ; advanced degree (MS, PhD, or MBA) preferred
- 5+ year’s experience in biotech/pharma CMC project management
- Strong technical knowledge of end-to-end CMC development
- Knowledge of Program & Project Management best practices
- Experience with supporting projects from early research to IND and early phase clinical trials
- Cell & Gene Therapy experience preferred
- Advanced MS PowerPoint and Smartsheet preferred
- Process-oriented but can recognize when flexibility is needed
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage across multiple programs and projects
- Strong leadership skills w/ demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
- Ability to influence without authority
About Be Biopharma
Be Biopharma (“Be Bio”) is pioneering Engineered B Cell Medicines (BeCM) to dramatically improve patients’ lives who are living with cancer, rare diseases and other serious conditions. With eyes locked on the patient, our team of purpose-driven scientists, technologists, manufacturing experts and business builders collaborate to create a bold new class of cell therapies. Be Bio was founded in October 2020 by Longwood Fund and B cell engineering pioneers David Rawlings, M.D., and Richard James, Ph.D. from Seattle Children’s Research Institute. Be Bio is backed by ARCH Venture Partners, Atlas Venture, RA Capital Management, Alta Partners, Longwood Fund, Bristol Myers Squibb and Takeda Ventures. Since our founding, Be Bio’s investors have committed over $180 million to enable the Company to re-imagine medicine based on the power of B cell therapy. For more information, please visit us at Be.Bio and our LinkedIn page.
The beating heart of Be Bio is our People and together we are building a culture driven by purpose, passion, and that’s full of character. We are “all-in” as we align ourselves with patients who need our medicines, and we embrace the highest standards of transparency, excellence, candor, collaboration, and team-based science with a shared ownership of company milestones and successes.
Our commitment to our team members is to deliver a compelling, dynamic work experience that enables them to continually stretch, grow, and learn, that enriches their lives, that fosters a sense of belonging and community, and that goes above and beyond to support them in big, meaningful ways in both their personal and professional lives. Be Bio is a team that works hard, plays hard, and supports each other on our shared journey to get transformative medicines to patients who need them.