Be Biopharma is looking to hire highly motivated, experienced, and innovative thinkers to join our growing team of passionate researchers to leverage B cells as a novel class of cellular medicine. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a foundational team and help build Be Bio!
- Work with Lab Operations team to maintain an organized and efficient lab setting, providing a customer service experience to lab teams
- Oversee and manage laboratory supply inventory with support from ops team associates
- Contributes to draft production and inventory plans with guidance based on basic material requirements analysis in support of projects
- Executes purchase orders for suppliers and coordinates material deliveries
- Solves complex logistics support issues and selects modes of transport
- Maintain and update cross-functional timelines related to research and product development activity
- Facilitate and/or assist with domestic and international shipping needs between sites and/or external parties
- Collaborate with Procurement and Finance groups to achieve a controlled, compliant ordering process for R&D services and supplies
- Lead oversight of lab equipment management, monitoring services, regular maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Coordinate with third party EH&S services to maintain a safe and compliant lab space
- Assume a leadership role between Operations and R&D, leading meetings and communicating regularly with lab employees and research teams to assess overall lab function and identify any unmet needs or deficiencies
- Assist with large-scale facility projects including ongoing buildouts, lab reorganizations, and facility enhancements to support new applications
Experience, Education, Specialized Knowledge, and Skills:
Must thrive in a fast-paced, growing, and innovative environment where flexibility, resourcefulness, resiliency, and communication skills are key. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with your stakeholders, and being an all-around good company citizen are essential.
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline, or business administration with an understanding of R&D
- 3+ years related Life Sciences work experience in a biological lab setting, with emphasis on lab and facilities, required
- Proficient knowledge of laboratory equipment and procedures, safety regulations, and chemical hygiene, required
- Exercises sound judgment troubleshooting supply problems and escalating issues appropriately
- Experience working with or launching an inventory management system.
- Previous lab safety training/experience, required
- Experience managing relationships with vendors, service providers, and scientists
- High attention to detail, including a proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously, as well as the ability to think strategically and execute methodically
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
About Be Biopharma
Be Biopharma (“Be Bio”) is pioneering Engineered B Cell Medicines (BeCM) to dramatically improve patients’ lives who are living with cancer, rare diseases and other serious conditions. With eyes locked on the patient, our team of purpose-driven scientists, technologists, manufacturing experts and business builders collaborate to create a bold new class of cell therapies. Be Bio was founded in October 2020 by Longwood Fund and B cell engineering pioneers David Rawlings, M.D., and Richard James, Ph.D. from Seattle Children’s Research Institute. Be Bio is backed by ARCH Venture Partners, Atlas Venture, RA Capital Management, Alta Partners, Longwood Fund, Bristol Myers Squibb and Takeda Ventures. Since our founding, Be Bio’s investors have committed over $180 million to enable the Company to re-imagine medicine based on the power of B cell therapy. For more information, please visit us at Be.Bio and our LinkedIn page.
The beating heart of Be Bio is our People and together we are building a culture driven by purpose, passion, and that’s full of character. We are “all-in” as we align ourselves with patients who need our medicines, and we embrace the highest standards of transparency, excellence, candor, collaboration, and team-based science with a shared ownership of company milestones and successes.
Our commitment to our team members is to deliver a compelling, dynamic work experience that enables them to continually stretch, grow, and learn, that enriches their lives, that fosters a sense of belonging and community, and that goes above and beyond to support them in big, meaningful ways in both their personal and professional lives. Be Bio is a team that works hard, plays hard, and supports each other on our shared journey to get transformative medicines to patients who need them.