Sr. Process Engineer / Principal Process Engineer, B Cell Core
Be Biopharma is seeking a candidate with cell therapy experienced to join the B Cell therapy Core Team. The incumbent will work in collaboration with R&D team to support early-stage autologous and allogeneic programs. Additionally, this role provides excellent opportunity to interact with various teams within TechOps that are involved in B cell and AAV manufacturing. This is an excellent opportunity for a bench scientist to interact with various programs teams responsible for developing B cell medicine.
- Execute and optimize unit operations of cell isolation from an apheresis product including but not limited to cell elutriation, cell selection, and cryopreservation
- Characterize critical parameters for B cell culture unit operations: activation, proliferation, gene editing, differentiation, and cell harvest
- Engineer B cell to express various therapeutics proteins or antibodies
- Execute end to end B cell culture process to generate long lived plasma cells (LLPCs) to support various critical in-vivo studies including but not limited to DC enabling studies, IND enabling studies, and pre-clinical studies
- Design proof of concept, execute studies, and interpret process characterization experiments
- Collaborate closely with manufacturing team to tech transfer developed process to the manufacturing partner and/or GMP facility
- Lead, execute or support manufacturing investigations/deviations as needed
- Collaborate with cell therapy process development team to support various development experiments as needed
- Maintain detailed electronic notebook
- Author and review technical documentations, protocols, and reports
Preferred Requirements/ Qualifications
- PhD with 2+ years of industry experience, Master’s or bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of cell therapy experience
- Strong background and in-depth understanding of cell culture and processing technologies
- Experience in mentoring junior staffs in the lab
- Design of Experiments (DoE) approaches to process characterization and in depth understanding of statistical data analysis
- Excellent communication, technical writing, and presentation skills
- Independently motivated, detailed oriented, collaborative, and good problem-solving ability
- Prior experience with Cellular Therapy product development is highly desirable
About Be Biopharma
Be Biopharma (“Be Bio”) is pioneering Engineered B Cell Medicines (BeCM) to dramatically improve patients’ lives who are living with cancer, rare diseases and other serious conditions. With eyes locked on the patient, our team of purpose-driven scientists, technologists, manufacturing experts and business builders collaborate to create a bold new class of cell therapies. Be Bio was founded in October 2020 by Longwood Fund and B cell engineering pioneers David Rawlings, M.D., and Richard James, Ph.D. from Seattle Children’s Research Institute. Be Bio is backed by ARCH Venture Partners, Atlas Venture, RA Capital Management, Alta Partners, Longwood Fund, Bristol Myers Squibb and Takeda Ventures. Since our founding, Be Bio’s investors have committed over $180 million to enable the Company to re-imagine medicine based on the power of B cell therapy. For more information, please visit us at Be.Bio and our LinkedIn page.
The beating heart of Be Bio is our People and together we are building a culture driven by purpose, passion, and that’s full of character. We are “all-in” as we align ourselves with patients who need our medicines, and we embrace the highest standards of transparency, excellence, candor, collaboration, and team-based science with a shared ownership of company milestones and successes.
Our commitment to our team members is to deliver a compelling, dynamic work experience that enables them to continually stretch, grow, and learn, that enriches their lives, that fosters a sense of belonging and community, and that goes above and beyond to support them in big, meaningful ways in both their personal and professional lives. Be Bio is a team that works hard, plays hard, and supports each other on our shared journey to get transformative medicines to patients who need them.