We are looking for an experienced Program Manager to support our research programs. Reporting to the Head of Program & Project Management, this role will partner closely with functional leads across the organization to drive our programs forward. An ideal candidate has experience leading collaborative cross-functional teams, bringing structure, process, and organization to drug development programs– while also having fun! This role also presents an opportunity to shape the Program & Project Management function both near and long term.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Partner with function leads to develop and guide program strategy and set program goals.
- Lead cross-functional Medicine Development Teams including function leads from R&D, Clinical, Tech Ops, Strategy, Regulatory, and G&A.
- Develop and manage integrated program plans from discovery thru IND and early phase clinical trials.
- Lead program management activities including operational planning, timeline and milestone tracking, meeting facilitation, action tracking, and budget management.
- Drive creation of timeline-based program scenario planning.
- Anticipate program risks and drive timely problem solving.
- Build strong relationships with cross-functional stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Establish a culture of accountability, alignment, and collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop program status reports and lead presentations to Executive Leadership.
- Help shape the newly formed Program & Project Management function and establish best practices across Be Bio.
- In partnership with the Head of Program and Project Management, provide support across all functions and therapeutic areas as needed.
Minimum Experience, Education, and Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
Must thrive in a fast-paced, growing, and innovative environment where flexibility, resourcefulness, resiliency, and communication skills are key. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to develop important relationships with stakeholders, and being an all around good company citizen are essential.
- MBA, MSc in Science (Biology, Engineering, Pharmacy, Chemistry, etc.), or equivalent
- PMP preferred but not required
- 5+ years' experience in Program Management, preferably in a Biotech, Pharma, or Gene and Cell Therapy environment
- Knowledge of Program & Project Management best practices
- Experience managing projects from discovery stage research through IND and early phase clinical trials
- Oncology disease experience preferred
- Advanced MS PowerPoint and Smartsheet preferred
- Process-oriented but can recognize when flexibility is needed
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage across multiple programs and projects
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
- Ability to influence without authority
Be Biopharma is pioneering a new class of medicines, unleashing the power of B cells to create the new field of Engineered B Cell Medicines. B cells are the body’s protein producing factories, most widely known for making antibodies. Our leading B cell therapy platform, developed by the top scientific KOLs in the field and with strong IP protection, harnesses this capability to engineer B cells to produce any protein with potential therapeutic application. This creates a unique opportunity to rapidly design and develop a broad portfolio of disease changing products (our platform affords ready swapping in new genes for different disease indications) and to significantly scale the company to realize substantial value in a short period of time.
Importantly, and in contrast to other cell therapy modalities, Engineered B Cells engraft naturally (and thus are not expected to require preconditioning chemotherapy). They are also “naturally allogeneic”, and we expect most or all of our portfolio to be “off-the-shelf” medicines. We have a rich pipeline of initial medicines under development in Oncology and Severe Genetic Disease, and we will subsequently expand to other important indications (e.g. Infectious Disease, Autoimmune Disease, etc).
Our Cambridge-based team is led by highly experienced, mission-driven executives all of whom are experienced cell therapy veterans who played key roles in developing several of today’s most impactful marketed gene and cell therapies. The team is rapidly expanding, with 20 employees joining in the first half of 2021. We are making major strides in our proof-of-concept studies for our lead programs in Oncology and Rare Disease, which are on track for near-term clinical development. Be Biopharma was founded in 2020 with a 52M Series A financing round supported by a syndicate of leading biotech investors (Longwood Fund, Atlas, RA Capital, Alta).
The beating heart of Be Bio is our People and together we are building a culture driven by purpose, passion, and that’s full of character. We are “all-in” as we align ourselves with patients who need our medicines, and we embrace the highest standards of transparency, excellence, candor, collaboration, and team-based science with a shared ownership of company milestones and successes.
Our commitment to our team members is to deliver a compelling, dynamic work experience that enables them to continually stretch, grow, and learn, that enriches their lives, that fosters a sense of belonging and community, and that goes above and beyond to support them in big, meaningful ways in both their personal and professional lives. Be Bio is a team that works hard, plays hard, and supports each other on our shared journey to get transformative medicines to patients who need them.