Be Biopharma is looking to hire highly motivated, experienced, and innovative thinkers to join our growing team of passionate researchers to leverage B cells as a novel class of cellular medicine. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a foundational team and help build Be Bio!
Role & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with project teams to design and implement NGS library preparation,
- sequencing protocols, QC, and analyses necessary for the development of our gene editing platform
- Assist in plasmid design/cloning and the execution of specialized assays in order to provide key information to inform future studies
- Maintain lab organization with active use of electronic lab notebooks and inventories
- Contribute positively to the culture of a young company to create a healthy and exciting work environment
Minimum Experience, Education, and Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
Must thrive in a fast-paced, growing, and innovative environment where flexibility, resourcefulness, resiliency, and communication skills are key. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with your stakeholders, and being an all around good company citizen are essential.
- S./B.A. or M.S. in cell/molecular biology, genetics, or related discipline with 3+ or 5+ years relevant laboratory experience for Research Associate or Senior Research Associate, respectively. Preference for experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry
- Strong technical expertise in library preparation and sequencing, and molecular biology techniques such as DNA/RNA isolation, PCR, plasmid cloning, RT-qPCR, ELISA, and FACS
- Collaborative, team-oriented mindset
- Passionate, adaptable, and keen on working in the fast-paced biotech startup space
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience with CRISPR screens or any pooled screens
- Experience with automated liquid handlers
- Experience with cell culture and transfection / electroporation
Be Biopharma is developing a proprietary class of engineered B cell medicines to unleash the power of cell therapies beyond cell-cell contact-dependent killing (e.g., CAR-T cells). As the centerpiece of the body’s non-contact dependent humoral immune system, B cells offer a platform for cell therapy that can secrete large amounts of diverse molecular cargo in a physiologically-regulated manner. Based on discoveries by David Rawlings, MD (Chief of Immunology, Seattle Children’s and U Washington) and Richard James, PhD (Assoc Prof of Pediatrics, Seattle Children’s and U Washington), Be Biopharma is developing a pipeline of engineered B cell medicines that can restore lost signaling, regulate disease-causing pathways, and promote defense. The company will aim to demonstrate rapid proof-of-concept in genetically-defined monogenic disease, in parallel expanding to a broader set of applications across immune disease and oncology. Be Biopharma was founded in 2020 and is supported by a syndicate of leading biotech investors.