Be Biopharma is looking to hire highly motivated, experienced, and innovative thinkers to join our growing team of passionate researchers to leverage B cells as a novel class of cellular medicine. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a foundational team and help build Be Bio!
Role & Responsibilities:
- Partner closely with CMC functional areas to develop and maintain integrated project plans to identify/communicate interdependencies as well as critical path activities for the project/product.
- Collaborates with external manufacturing and CMOs in establishing GMP manufacturing timeline for Viral Vectors
- Track and monitor key milestones and decision points to drive delivery of project objectives.
- Effectively communicate with team members, senior leaders on the status, objectives, risks, and mitigation plans associated with projects
- Ensure team members are aware of integrated project timelines, and provide timely updates that may have cross-functional impact
- Organize and maintain team communications including meeting agendas, minutes, decision logs, tasks lists, and risk analyses / mitigation strategies using preferred technologies
- Effectively manage internal and external resources to move products through development
- Identify gaps in processes, and then work with appropriate parties to develop, and implement solutions
- Facilitate short-term and long-range planning activities for CMC/Technical Operations for assigned projects
- Consistently perform duties within established SOPs
Minimum Experience, Education, and Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
Must thrive in a fast-paced, growing, and innovative environment where flexibility, resourcefulness, resiliency, and communication skills are key. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with your stakeholders, and being an all around good company citizen are essential.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, life sciences or related field.
- Minimum 5-7 years experience in biotechnology industry
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in project/product management of clinical or commercial products, including management of CDMOs/third parties
Preferred Experience, Education, and Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Advanced degree (MS, PhD, MBA) and/or PMP certification preferred.
- Previous experience with cell/gene therapy
Be Biopharma is developing a proprietary class of engineered B cell medicines to unleash the power of cell therapies beyond cell-cell contact-dependent killing (e.g., CAR-T cells). As the centerpiece of the body’s non-contact dependent humoral immune system, B cells offer a platform for cell therapy that can secrete large amounts of diverse molecular cargo in a physiologically-regulated manner. Based on discoveries by David Rawlings, MD (Chief of Immunology, Seattle Children’s and U Washington) and Richard James, PhD (Assoc Prof of Pediatrics, Seattle Children’s and U Washington), Be Biopharma is developing a pipeline of engineered B cell medicines that can restore lost signaling, regulate disease-causing pathways, and promote defense. The company will aim to demonstrate rapid proof-of-concept in genetically-defined monogenic disease, in parallel expanding to a broader set of applications across immune disease and oncology. Be Biopharma was founded in 2020 and is supported by a syndicate of leading biotech investors.