Be Biopharma is looking to hire highly motivated, experienced, and innovative thinkers to join our growing team of passionate researchers to leverage B cells as a novel class of cellular medicine. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a foundational team and help build Be Bio!
Role & Responsibilities:
- Designs and performs nonclinical small animal (i.e. mouse or rat) in vivo pharmacology studies to support the development of our discovery-stage B cell engineering and cell therapy platform.
- Is responsible for analyzing, summarizing, and presenting study data to the broader R&D organization.
- Works with contract research organizations (CROs) to oversee and coordinate the successful execution of in vivo studies with external partners. Ensures that study deliverables are received in a timely manner.
- Serves as an in vivo pharmacology subject matter expert who works closely with R&D teams to identify and propose appropriate models to advance Be Bio’s B cell therapy pipeline.
- Responsible for the delivery of high-quality, nonclinical pharmacology data to support IND and post-IND regulatory filings.
Experience, Education, Specialized Knowledge, and Skills:
Must thrive in a fast-paced, growing, and innovative environment where flexibility, resourcefulness, resiliency, and communication skills are key. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with your stakeholders, and being an all around good company citizen are essential.
- BS, MS or PhD in Biology, Immunology, Oncology, Biomedical Engineering or similar field with +2 years of experience in a biotech or pharma company. Title will be matched to the candidate’s level of experience.
- Demonstrates expertise in utilizing small animal models of adoptive immune cell transplantation and/or cell therapy
- Expertise in running small animal studies (efficacy, PK/PD, etc.) in one or more of the following research areas: immunology, oncology, immune-oncology and/or cell therapy
- Hands-on proficiency in handling and culturing human cells
- Demonstrates hands-on proficiency in small animal handling, test article dosing (including IV, IP, PO and SC routes), small animal blood and tissue collection
- Experience directing studies with CROs partners is preferred
- Candidates with hands-on flow cytometry experience will be given high priority
Be Biopharma is developing a proprietary class of engineered B cell medicines to unleash the power of cell therapies beyond cell-cell contact-dependent killing (e.g., CAR-T cells). As the centerpiece of the body’s non-contact dependent humoral immune system, B cells offer a platform for cell therapy that can secrete large amounts of diverse molecular cargo in a physiologically-regulated manner. Based on discoveries by David Rawlings, MD (Chief of Immunology, Seattle Children’s and U Washington) and Richard James, PhD (Assoc Prof of Pediatrics, Seattle Children’s and U Washington), Be Biopharma is developing a pipeline of engineered B cell medicines that can restore lost signaling, regulate disease-causing pathways, and promote defense. The company will aim to demonstrate rapid proof-of-concept in genetically-defined monogenic disease, in parallel expanding to a broader set of applications across immune disease and oncology. Be Biopharma was founded in 2020 and is supported by a syndicate of leading biotech investors.