At Beautycounter, we go beyond clean to get safer beauty into the hands of everyone. Launched in 2013 as a direct-to-consumer beauty brand and acquired by the Carlyle Group in April 2021, we develop and distribute roughly 100 beauty products across skin care, makeup, and personal care, serving both the United States and Canada.
In addition to our Never List™, which excludes over 1,800 questionable ingredients from our formulations, we’ve established a rigorous set of safety standards for both our products and our manufacturing partners. And, through our advocacy efforts, we’ve helped introduce more health-protective legislation to the beauty industry.
Beautycounter is proud to be a Certified B Corporation that’s committed to more sustainable packaging, responsible sourcing, and a policy of total transparency. Awards include Fast Company's Most Innovative, Allure's Best of Beauty, Glamour's Beauty Awards, Refinery29's Innovators List, WWD's 2019 Best-Performing Beauty Company, and CNBC's Disruptor 50.
This position is focused on identification and resolution of consultant compliance matters, enforcing our Policy and Procedures as well as our Consultant Agreement. Taking an “education first” orientation to simultaneously ensure policy compliance and Consultant retention, this role requires an understanding of the Direct Selling regulatory and policy environment, strong organization and prioritization skills, and interpersonal abilities.
In This Role You Will:
- Oversee and assist with investigations to identify violations of Beautycounter’s policies and procedures
- Monitor and manage enforcement of online usage policies, earnings claims, product claims, unauthorized selling and general policy guidelines in our compliance software and other tools
- Manage and assist with Guideline Support inbox to ensure timely communication and resolution
- Mentor team members on fostering a positive, education-first orientate towards policy enforcement, focused on the retention of key stakeholders while ensuring high ethical and compliance standards
- Assist Sr. Director with special projects, suggest and draft helpful training tools to assist stakeholders in understanding key policies
- Audits and reviews for systemic compliance management
- Review business created content to ensure compliance
- Provide guidance on Beautycounter policies via email or by phone to consultants, and cross-functionally within the company, to help them understand policies and procedures
- Advise team members regarding the handling of non-routine/escalated issues
- Resolve escalated compliance cases fairly and successfully
- Provide recommendations on direct sales risks related to policy application and enforcement
- Assist in the compliance process for operations in Canada, including provincial licensing, annual reports and regulatory form submissions
- Create, review and analyze reports as well as incident trends
- Assist in updating important documents like the Income Disclosure Document, Consultant Agreement and Policy Guides
- Bachelor degree required
- 5+ years of direct selling experience, with at least 4 years in a compliance role
- Previous management experience required
- Strong communication skills; written and verbal
- Orientation to flawless execution of critical work, high degree of attention to detail and diligence in verifying accuracy & completeness of work
- Strong organizational skills to drive multiple processes and priorities simultaneously while working cross-functionally with other departments and key stakeholders
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and manage multiple projects in a fast paced environment
- Ability to make decisions, exercise judgment, and interface effectively with all levels of staff
- Positive, supportive attitude in dealing with compliance enforcement and Consultant feedback
Pay: $87,000 - $124,000 for work locations in the United States, with individual pay determined by several factors including, but not limited to, job-related skills, experience, education, and training. Salary ranges are determined in good faith by role, level, and location. As a remote-eligible job, salary ranges for specific locations will be provided upon request. #LI-KR1
Bonus: Additional compensation includes an annual discretionary bonus based on company and individual performance.
Benefits at Beautycounter:
- Medical, dental, vision insurance effective the 1st of the month following hire date
- Bc paid and supplemental life and AD&D insurance
- Bc contribution to HSA plan (if enrolled in HSA compatible plan)
- Healthcare and dependent care FSA
- Health & Wellness support for all employees (at no cost!) through Modern Health
- 401(k) plan with company match following 90 days of employment
- Unlimited Vacation for Exempt Associates (or 15 days Paid Time Off for Non-Exempt Associates)
- 14 Company Paid Holidays per year
- 20 hours of Paid Volunteer Time off per year
At Beautycounter we are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.