Beautiful Destinations is looking for a Senior Copywriter in team with a Senior Art Director for the brand’s creative team. With more than 20 million followers in 180 countries, Beautiful Destinations is a travel brand that highlights the good in the world and drives efforts to make it better.
Voted by Fast Company as one of the world’s most innovative companies in 2017, we are a purpose-driven travel media brand and creative agency with a bold mission: to have a positive impact on the world through travel.
We believe that travel is a force for good. It creates jobs, impacts the well-being of local communities, affects the environment, and fosters cultural understanding and human empathy. That’s why travel is a powerful antidote to bigotry, racism, ignorance, and inequality. And ultimately, it can create a positive ripple effect across the world.
The Senior Copywriter will primarily work on the client side, in creative partnership with an Art Director to concept, create and produce effective creative deliverables for our roaster of tourism boards and travel clients. The copywriter will also help craft stories and copy for our own brand channels.
Through a creative approach, contribute to the constant evolution of Beautiful Destinations products
- Works closely with Creative Directors, Client Solutions and Strategy to understand and deliver client creative briefs
- Brainstorms with Art Director to create innovative, groundbreaking concepts for print, OOH, radio, digital and television that strategically deliver within the client brief
- Present ideas and discusses progress with the Creative Directors before making presentations to clients amending, revising or redeveloping campaigns in response to feedback from the Creative Director or clients
- Oversees projects from concept through production to completion
- Ability to direct and follow shooters on set
- Attends shoots to provide creative supervision and quality control from a copywriting and script standpoint
- Write copy for advertising, interactive and design projects as well as for the business in general
- Work with the Client solutions and Creative teams to write copy for clients posts across all social and digital platforms: Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Websites, etc
- Write scripts, social media copy but also longer editorial pieces when required, for websites as an example,
- Assist the social media team in writing copy for Beautiful Destinations own social media platforms.
- Leverage analytics reporting and social data to refine storytelling and topics.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years copywriting experience in a creative advertising agency preferred
- At least 5 years of experience in the digital travel or lifestyle media space, with an emphasis on using visual storytelling to build audiences across multiple digital platforms.
- A portfolio that shows strong strategic and conceptual campaign thinking applied across a range of deliverables, including TV/video.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven expertise in developing engaging social content, with a particular emphasis on photography and video.
- Exceptional producing, writing, and communications skills.
- Ability to deliver on time and on brief.
- Proven ability to multitask and work well under pressure in fast-paced/ startup environments.
The position is a full-time, NYC-based position preferable with an Art Director in a consolidated team. We are open to the position starting free-lancer or part time at the beginning.
At Beautiful Destinations, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and team members without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military and veteran status. Beautiful Destinations believes that diversity and inclusion among our team is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Beautiful Destinations offers great benefits such as medical, dental, vision, PTO, company paid AD&D, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term disability, and much more.