Beautiful Destinations is looking for a Senior Art Director in team with a Senior Copywriter for the brand’s creative team. With more than 20 million followers in 180 countries, Beautiful Destinations is a travel brand that highlights the good in the world and drives efforts to make it better.
Voted by Fast Company as one of the world’s most innovative companies in 2017, we are a purpose-driven travel media brand and creative agency with a bold mission: to have a positive impact on the world through travel.
We believe that travel is a force for good. It creates jobs, impacts the well-being of local communities, affects the environment, and fosters cultural understanding and human empathy. That’s why travel is a powerful antidote to bigotry, racism, ignorance, and inequality. And ultimately, it can create a positive ripple effect across the world.
The Senior Art Director will primarily work on the client side, in creative partnership with the Senior Copywriter to concept, create and produce effective creative deliverables for our roaster of tourism boards and travel clients. The art director will also help craft stories for our own brand channels.
Through a creative approach, contribute to the constant evolution of Beautiful Destinations products
- Works closely with Creative Directors, Client Solutions and Strategy to understand and deliver client creative briefs
- Brainstorms with Copywriter to create innovative, groundbreaking concepts for print, OOH, radio, digital and television that strategically deliver within the client brief
- Present ideas and discusses progress with the Creative Directors before making presentations to clients amending, revising or redeveloping campaigns in response to feedback from the Creative Director or clients
- Oversees projects from concept through production to completion
- Ability to direct and follow shooters on set
- Attends shoots to provide creative supervision and quality control
- Designs and storyboard persuasive, original work
- With the help of the design team, produce layouts and storyboards to visually bring concepts to fruition
- Have a good understanding and passion of the movie industry, filming, directors and film trends.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years art directing experience in a creative advertising agency preferred
- At least 5 years of experience in the digital travel or lifestyle media space, with an emphasis on using visual storytelling to build audiences across multiple digital platforms.
- A portfolio that shows strong strategic and conceptual campaign thinking applied across a range of deliverables, including TV/video.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven expertise in developing engaging social content, with a particular emphasis on photography and video.
- Experience with all the latest design tools, platforms and versions of applicable software programs: MacOS, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Ability to deliver on time and on brief.
- Proven ability to multitask and work well under pressure in fast-paced/ startup environments.
The position is a full-time, NYC-based position preferable with a Copywriter in a consolidated team. We are open to the position starting free-lancer or part time at the beginning.
At Beautiful Destinations, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and team members without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military and veteran status. Beautiful Destinations believes that diversity and inclusion among our team is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Beautiful Destinations offers great benefits such as medical, dental, vision, PTO, company paid AD&D, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term disability, and much more.