Content Producer - Beautiful Destinations - Job Description
Beautiful Destinations is looking for a Content Producer to provide the editorial and logistical framework for our Content Creators and other key creatives at Beautiful Destinations.
Beautiful Destinations is a media company that seeks to make the world a better place through the sharing of authentic, inspirational and immersive travel stories. Since 2012, we’ve built the largest millennial travel community on social media with over 20 million followers in 180 countries, who turn to us daily on Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, YouTube and Weibo. Every day, we produce and curate content that showcases the beauty of the world and inspires people to get out and travel.
Beautiful Destinations’ award-winning creative agency creates “social-first” content for some of the world’s best travel brands, with a focus on tourism boards. The team specializes in content creation for a mobile, millennial audience to help brands generate a return on social media through storytelling. Fast Company named Beautiful Destinations one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies in 2017.
The Content Producer researches, pitches and develops individual stories, short- and long-format documentaries, or episode ideas and concepts for entire unscripted series;
In close alignment with the Head of Production and other senior team members, the Content Producer identifies, prepares and coordinates all editorial and logistical aspects of each production, including the cast and locations, and supervises the flawless execution on location and during post-production.
Required Experiences and Skills:
- 3-5 years of experience in unscripted video content production with a reputable content publisher, production company, in-house studio or digital agency;
- Passion for innovative storytelling, digital journalism, diverse cultures, music and sports, sustainable travel and tourism, exploration and adventure, environmental protection, social enterprises, and travel as a force for good;
- Strong English-language communication and writing skills for story treatments and scripts;
- Legal authorization to work in the United States and to travel internationally, willingness to travel up to 50%-75% of the time.
- Experience in developing and producing long-format video content, feature documentaries and documentary series;
- Ability to “paper edit” the script of a documentary;
- Videography and video editing skills;
- A network of innovative photographers, videographers and content creators;
- An understanding of branded content, branded entertainment, and the advertising and marketing industry;
- Second language skills;
- At Beautiful Destinations, we appreciate all forms of a higher education. We realize that such an education sometimes doesn’t come in the form of a college or university degree but through life, work and travel experiences.
The position is full-time and New York City-based.
At Beautiful Destinations, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and team members without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military and veteran status. Beautiful Destinations believes that diversity and inclusion among our team is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Beautiful Destinations offers great benefits such as medical, dental, vision, PTO, company paid AD&D, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term disability, and much more!