Beautiful Destinations (BD) is the award-winning creative agency behind the largest travel community on social media. Our mission is to celebrate the beauty of the world and we work with some of the world’s best brands, tourism boards and charities to generate a return on digital media through social first content and visual storytelling.
We have used deep learning technologies to build algorithms that can predict the engagement of an image on social media. Internally this engagement prediction helps to rank user generated content and identifies the most engaging images that should be shared with our audience. This informed content selection has assisted manual content selection and increased engagement on our own accounts significantly.
Our vision is to extend this technology into videos. Joining forces between our photo- and videographers and our technology team allows us to solve this challenging task of teaching a machine to understand beauty and engagement in images and videos.
We are now looking to extend our data science team. Our 2018 goal is to start building algorithms that can quantify aesthetics and engagement of videos on social media.
We are looking for this candidate to:
- Deep Learning model building:
- General Image Quality Assessment
- Object Detection and Localisation
- Image Similarity/Duplicate Detection
- Engagement Prediction for Images
- Scene Detection in Videos
- Video Analysis
- Dataset Creation
- Creating Image Datasets using our own Image Assets in collaboration with photographers to build and improve ML models
- Creating Video Datasets using our own Video Assets together with our videographers
- Deployment of ML models
- Reading current Deep Learning literature to know about interesting and relevant developments in the field
- 3+ years of experience in Python
- Experience with at least one deep learning framework
- Familiarity with Numpy, Scikit, Scipy, OpenCV
- Ability to read, understand and implement new developments from DL literature
- A healthy portion of self-motivation and independence
- Linux based operating systems
- Experience in analysing videos
- Haskell Experience
- Experience with Theano and Lasagne
Nice to have
- Familiarity with Mypy
- Knowledge of other programming language(s)
- Photography Skills