Perform selected administrative/clerical and clinical duties that assist in the delivery of primary Occupational Medicine and patient care management under the direction of a Practice Manager, Occupational Medicine Operations Manager and Occupational Medicine Medical Director. These duties are delegated in relation to the individual's degree of training, in accordance with the objectives and policies of the organization and respective state laws governing such action and activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide administrative support to all WellStreet centers for Occupational Medicine services.
- Run scrutinize and upload Agility and Epic reports daily.
- Pull all faxes sent to the WCES central fax, review and process.
- Maintain valued relationships with VIP and mid-tier client’s companies.
- Compile and condense technical and statistical data for reports and records.
- Attend required meetings and participate in committees as requested.
- Maintain appropriate communication and good interpersonal skills with Supervisors, staff and patients to ensure coordinated efforts and provision of high-quality service.
- Support requesting clinics with sending work status information to employers.
- Send work status and notes to Adjusters and Nurse Case Managers.
- Process referral request over to adjusters then track via report.
- Add new client company information into Agility for requesting Centers.
- Send drug screen results timely.
- Correspond with centers and assist in regard to workers comp issues, questions or discrepancies.
- Support VIP and mid-tier client companies by tracking center usage via spreadsheet as well as send all needed information to assure timely receipt.
- Update needed workers comp patient information in Agility.
- Obtain workers comp billing information from adjusters and send to billing team.
- Schedule appointments for employers upon request.
- Update and send spreadsheet to Leadership at the end of the day reflecting daily activities.
- Train team mates on admin paperwork processes upon request.
- See patients frequently.
- Must complete pre-employment physicals and review all paperwork.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Knowledge of medical practice and organizational policies to assist with patient care:
- Must demonstrate strong case management abilities.
- Skill in documenting and maintaining patient care records.
- Skill in identifying and communicating problems to the supervisor.
- Skill in following medical quality assurance and quality control standards.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients and other staff.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to communicate clearly with patients and other staff.
- Good oral and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Good telephone manners and etiquette.
- Detail orientation and organization.
- Excellent people skills. Ability to work well and effectively with others.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent, and to draw and interpret bar graphs.