Beaumont Urgent Care is growing. We are opening new clinics in Southeastern Michigan and are in need of Practice Managers to manage the clinics.
Based in Atlanta, GA and founded in 2011, Four Winds Health, d/b/a WellStreet Urgent Care (“WellStreet”), is a private equity-backed owner and operator of urgent care facilities that operate in partnership with hospitals and health systems. WellStreet provides physician and mid-level care in an urgent care setting for episodic care and injury. Services include: common illness (cold, flu, bee sting, rash, etc.), physical exams, pediatric illness, common injury or trauma (sprains, minor burns, acute non-displaced fracture), vaccinations and diagnostic testing (EKG, Digital x-ray, lab) – non-life-threatening episodic care.
By the end of 2012, the WellStreet platform comprised eight locations. Since then, WellStreet has acquired an additional six locations and opened additional locations, currently operating 16 locations. In 2014, WellStreet entered into an exclusive urgent care partnership in Georgia with Piedmont Healthcare, a premier regional health system based in Atlanta. Serving nearly 2 million patients across Georgia, Piedmont is known as a pioneer in patient care and leading health system in cancer care, treatment of heart disease, and organ transplant. In Atlanta, all WellStreet’s locations were converted to Epic Systems’ electronic medical records, a significant achievement that demonstrates the commitment, from both FFL and the operating team, to making the Company an urgent care industry leader and differentiated partner to health systems.
Pursuing a multifaceted growth strategy, WellStreet will continue to increase market density throughout greater Atlanta while pursuing an aggressive, multi-state growth strategy with other health systems, select acquisitions and de novo expansion.
- Demonstrable health system integration success story in the rapidly growing urgent care sector.
- Significant value creation through quality care, patient satisfaction and an integrated EMR, Epic.
- Proven profitability in an integrated model, which can be duplicated and is scalable.
JOINT VENTURE PARTNER
In late 2018, WellStreet created a new Joint Venture with Beaumont Health, another premier regional not-for-profit health system based in Southeast Michigan. The new Joint Venture will own, operate, and manage all aspects of the Beaumont Urgent Care network with a target of up to 30 centers over a two to three-year period with a minimum of 15 centers.
Beaumont Health is Michigan’s largest health care system and is the most preferred for healthcare in the tri-county area, according to National Research Corporation survey data. Beaumont Health was formed in 2014 by Beaumont Health System, Botsford Hospital and Oakwood Healthcare to provide patients with the benefit of greater access to extraordinary, compassionate care, no matter where they live in Southeast Michigan. Beaumont Health has total net revenue of $4.5 billion and consists of eight hospitals with 3,429 beds, 187 outpatient sites, nearly 5,000 physicians, 38,000 employees and 3,500 volunteers. In 2017, Beaumont Health had 175,700 inpatient discharges, 17,800 births and 575,000 emergency visits
Responsible for managing the day-to-day operational - activities required to assure a safe and effective patient care environment in the assigned center(s). Manages and directs the responsibilities of assigned administrative and clinical staff to ensure compliance with WellStreet policies and procedures and regulatory requirements. Manages annual budget, develops and achieves desired performance goals, develops and implements center marketing strategies. Partner and collaborate with assigned Medical Director for continuous, clinical excellence. Establish and sustain an environment that supports the WellStreet mission and core values.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLSET
- Building and leading high performance teams
- Critical thinking and business analytics (budget management, goal setting, creative problem solving)
- Performance management (annual performance, evaluations, coaching, mentoring, and progressive disciplinary actions)
- Verbal, written and presentation skills across varying professional levels (patients, physicians, clinical staff, senior leadership)
- Staff scheduling
- Managing competing priorities
- Building and maintaining cross-functional relationships
- Proficiency with multiple software systems including scheduling, MS Office/Oulook 365/Sharepoint (particularly excel)
- Lead Urgent Care/Occupational Medicine Center’s clinical and administrative teams to deliver consistent patient care excellence, exceptional customer service and operational effectiveness
- Create and foster a working environment that fosters teammate engagement and aligns with the WellStreet core values and pursues the mission
- Exercise fiscal and operational practices to meet or exceed annual budget and key performance indicators
- Develop and communicate annual center vision and goals
- Partner and collaborate with physician Site Director to ensure clinical standards, regulatory requirements, and operational workflows supports the WellStreet mission
- Develop and manage monthly work schedules of administrative and clinical direct reports
- Ensure clinical and administrative teams perform assigned responsibilities in accordance with WellStreet policies and regulatory requirements
- Conduct timely annual performance evaluations and professional development coaching to direct reports
- Hire, manage and retain appropriate clinical and administrative staffing levels to meet patient care needs
- Conduct progressive disciplinary action in accordance with WellStreet Human Resources policies and procedures
- Ensure timely billing, AR and other charge capture reconciliations
- Assure appropriate levels of medical supplies and equipment are in inventory to meet patient care needs
- Partner and collaborate with the Marketing and Public Relations department to develop center level marketing strategies
- Perform business development, community outreach and marketing activities to promote center growth and local community awareness of urgent care services
- Support the WellStreet vision and mission through active leadership, innovation, collaboration and living the core value
- Perform additional responsibilities as assigned
Have at least 3 years of healthcare leadership experience in with a working knowledge of healthcare business office, insurance operations, ICD-10 and CPT. Experience in urgent care and occupational medicine preferred.
Beaumont Urgent Care by WellStreet is committed to providing the highest quality patient and customer care. In addition to the above requirements, WellStreet is looking for team members with the following qualities:
- A positive attitude toward patients, families & coworkers
- Willingness to always go the extra mile to create an outstanding experience for customers and to train & lead the center team to do the same.
- A desire to work in concert with others in an upbeat & supportive atmosphere while reinforcing the WellStreet mission to provide uncompromising service.
A compelling desire to serve others, improve your community’s health & have fun every day