As a junior developer, there's lot of opportunities for you right now. So, why should you come and work with us, a company you probably haven’t heard of? We think it boils down to 5 main reasons (read more about these on our dedicated notion page):
- Diverse technical challenges
- A modern, battle-tested tech stack (Python/Django/vue.js/Postgres/AWS)
- Relaxed working patterns
- Great team culture
- Lots of opportunity to grow
Sounds interesting? Read on...
🙆♀️ About us
We’re a market leading tech company that provides data on the fastest growing companies in the UK. We’re at a pretty exciting stage right now—we’ve built a profitable, high-growth business, with 120+ employees and an enviable client list. But we’re not done yet. We’re on a mission to become a global data company that helps every organisation discover and work better with ambitious, high-growth companies.
🥖 The role
Though we’re fairly happy with the way our Dev teams operate, we know there’s a lot more we need to do as we scale rapidly. We’re looking for someone who could help out with our tech stack management, and various DevOps tasks. You’ll work closely with lots of different developers as part of our small DevOps squad.
Day-to-day your responsibilities might include:
🌐 Keeping web applications and services up to date: you’ll be responsible for helping us to keep our tech up to date, and being aware of the latest broader industry developments
🥉 Managing dependencies: you’ll help us manage 3rd party dependencies we use which could mean swapping, removing, or introducing new ones that all makes our lives easier.
☁️ Helping manage our AWS infrastructure: almost everything we have runs on AWS, so there’s always more you’ll be able to help us do to keep our services running without issues
🦜 Helping out with service migrations: sometimes the right thing is replacing a service we use with a better one – you’ll help us manage this process as best we can!
👉 About you
There is no one size fits all for this role, but we’d expect you to have at least 1-year web development and Python experience (can be personal/open source projects, but of reasonable complexity, and activity).
Technical must haves:
- Python experience (1 year in commercial setting or equivalent)
- Web development experience (1 year in commercial setting or equivalent)
- Cloud computing experience (1 year in commercial setting or equivalent)
Great to haves (but not essential):
- AWS experience
Ideally you will be:
- Thoughtful & careful – You consider your options before committing to a solution, and consider consequences before taking action
- Collaborative and independent – You can take on individual tasks, and finish them with minimal oversight, but you also enjoy working with other people to find solutions
- Good communicator – you can clearly communicate your challenges, and thought process behind solutions to audiences with a variety of technical understanding.
🕊️ Our offer
We're offering a competitive starting salary.
On top of this, we invest a lot in keeping our people happy and healthy! So as well as that, you'll also get:
🎓 Professional development: Ongoing training and development, and free books
🍰 A stake in the company: Substantial options scheme, so you can share in the growth that you help create
💻 The latest tech: We’ll provide you with all the tech you need to be productive (including a Mac!), whether you’re in the office or working from home
🌲 Health and wellness: Free counselling, wellbeing baskets, and healthy snacks
🎉 Events: Drinks every Friday, interesting talks from industry experts, company-wide parties and away days, plus regular team socials
🚄 Subsidised travel: Rail season ticket loan, free railcards, and a cycle to work scheme
If you want to read more about our benefits, our company culture, or our hybrid working policy, please check out these pages.