6 month (to perm) and remote working contract -- Starting package: £375 p/w + benefits
Do you have an analytical mind and are looking for an entry level role in a fun supportive team?
We’re looking for diligent graduates to research and profile the UK’s most innovative firms. You’d get to hone your research skills within a super important project that will shape the company’s commercial success for years to come – we’re even setting up a new arm inside our friendly Data team to deliver it!
If this sounds up your street then read on...
We’re a market leading tech company that provides data on the fastest growing companies in the UK. (think Monzo and Babylon!). Our data platform outlines everything from key people, investors, company news & financial records to name a few… One of the reasons we’ve been successful is because we keep it all up to date, often reporting news before the media gets their hands on it! Among other things, this allows our clients to stay ahead of their competitors, as well as helping young businesses to receive investment at the right time.
Our data team is vital in ensuring our data is of excellent quality. We’re on a mission to track companies that we don’t track (but should), add even more data points on these companies & a whole range of other important projects. To keep up with all of this growth, we need more lovely faces to join our Data team.
Don’t worry though, we don’t expect you to be an expert on day one. You’ll receive thorough training on Beauhurst’s in-house methodology so that you can find and profile these top-tier businesses. Once trained, you’ll get to:
- Research what services these companies provide, the products they sell and/or make and who their clients are using company websites, press releases and the public record
- Write succinct and snappy company descriptions written to a high standard based on strict in-house rules, conveying what these companies do so our clients can get to understand them and help them grow into world-beaters
- Segment: Work out which of Beauhurst’s 200+ proprietary sectors they operate in and what business trends apply to them, including AI, Augmented reality, Fintech, 3D printing and much more
- Problem solve: Apply an inquisitive eye and thoughtful mind to help make activities, processes and the project as a whole better and more well functioning
We’ve already profiled nearly 50k companies and by early 2022, with your help, we’ll increase that figure by up to 20k, opening up new markets and new opportunities.
As well as a competitive £375p/w and an in-depth training programme (ongoing for 3 months!), we want to keep our team happy and healthy. So, as part of this, you’ll also get:
- Flexible/remote working: we’d love to get you working from our Nottingham office two days a week (after Covid!) but are open to hiring remote workers based across the UK
- Wellbeing: Access to a range of coaches & counsellors if/when you need it
- Socials: Drinks in the office, company away days and regular virtual and in-person events
- Talks: Interesting speakers in the office talking about lots of things!
- Books: You can order any relevant books you like or come along to our book club evening
- MacBook: Your own laptop to work from and any equipment you need
This is an entry-level position that will suit someone with a degree. Previous experience is a bonus but not required as we'll train you.
At the very least, you will need to have/be:
- Excellent written communication, including correct use of spelling and grammar.
- Autonomous - you’re happy to work independently and like figuring stuff out for yourself
- Naturally organised, meticulous and with a keen eye for detail
- Friendly with a good sense of humour! :)
We are the market-leader for tracking and understanding the fastest growing companies in the UK. Through a combination of people power and machine learning, our platform helps 20+ different industries invest in, understand, and partner with these exciting businesses.
Other than the product, our real key to our success is our wonderful team. Based in the heart of vibrant Brixton, we’re a close-knit group with a range of individual interests and quirks - from bakers, to artists, to beer-brewers to gamers, everyone plays a part in helping to grow our business.
Ticking all the boxes?
To apply please submit:
- Your updated CV
- A cover letter explaining why you want to be a researcher at Beauhurst!
- Answers to a couple of simple screening questions below