Our company is growing fast (60->90 this year alone!) and so we are looking to set up a formalised ‘People’ function to ensure our people stay happy and healthy as we grow. You’d get to own our people operations function, hire a small team underneath you & introduce a huge range of transformational changes from HR tech to new benefits (and more!).
If you’re comfortable with a bit of chaos and excited to own projects & initiatives that will transform our People function, then read on!
We’re a market leading tech company that provides data on the fastest growing companies in the UK. (think Monzo and Babylon!). As we go through the next stage in our growth (85 → 120+), we want to ensure our people are well looked after, that we can get the very best out of them & that our fantastic culture is maintained.
Currently, anything under the People umbrella is spread between the wider Operations team and our COO. Keeping a really great work environment is important to us and we’re at a point in our growth now where we need a designated People function that can drive many of the positive changes and projects forward.
To do so, we’re looking for an experienced People Operations Manager who can get hands- on across many of these projects and help build out a small team underneath them. This would mean both working in a hands-on capacity day-to-day, but also developing a long term People strategy that fits with our level of growth.
Within this, you would have a wide variety of responsibilities, namely (but not limited to!):
- Training & development: helping up-skill our entire workforce, overhauling existing training programmes, and working closely with team leaders to map out professional development plans
- Culture & environment: from events to benefits to collaboration - figuring out how to get people back together after Covid and foster a fantastic environment for new and existing members of the team!
- Wellbeing: keeping track of overall employee wellbeing & constantly seeking to improve how we look after everyone
- Compensation & benefits: reviewing and maintaining our compensation & benefit packages, suggesting alternatives where necessary, and staying on top of changing markets.
- Reactive HR issues: advising and supporting people around the company as and when issues arise, helping smoothly guide difficult situations through to fair conclusions
We're offering a competitive starting package depending on experience.
We invest a lot in keeping our people happy and healthy! So as well as that, you'll also get:
- Training: structured training & regular personal development opportunities
- Wellbeing: coaching, counselling and virtual yoga/mindfulness sessions
- Socials: drinks every Friday, office parties, company away days and regular team events
- Options: substantial options scheme, so you can share in the growth you help create
- Talks: interesting speakers in the office
- Snacks: unlimited supply of fruit, nuts, tea and coffee
- Books: you can order any relevant books you like or come along to our book club evening
- Travel loans: rail season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
There's no one size fits all with this, but you'll preferably have roughly between 3 and 5 years' experience in People/HR
Plus ideally, you’ll be:
- A natural ‘people person’: you’re in HR for the People! You like getting to know everyone in your team & can adapt your conversation to different personalities
- Detail orientated and strategic: when running a ‘People’ project, you like to think about the most efficient way to do something, but can also understand the ‘why’ behind every decision and how it will affect the wider company
- Ambitious: you are excited by the opportunity to make sense of what is, honestly, a slightly disorganised function, and build something that really works for years to come
We are the market-leader for tracking the most exciting companies in the UK. Through a combination of people power and machine learning, our data platform helps over 20 different industries invest in, understand, and partner with start-ups and scale-ups all over the country.
Other than the product, our real key to our success is our wonderful culture. Based in the heart of vibrant Brixton, we’re a close-knit group with a range of interests and quirks - from bakers, to artists, to beer-brewers to gamers, everyone plays a part in helping to grow our business.
Get more of a taste of what we're like to work with here
Ticking all the boxes?
To apply please submit:
- Your updated CV
- Answers to the questions below