Salary: £35-55k (DOE) -- Start date: ASAP
Are you looking for an exciting and challenging new position where you can have greater autonomy over your design work?
Joining a small team, you’ll have the chance to own the full spectrum of design and drive visible commercial benefits for the company and our clients, as well as supporting growing start-ups across the UK!
Working for a rapidly growing company, you’d also have fantastic opportunities to progress - whether that’s advancing as an individual contributor or line management (or a mix!), as well as a super lovely, fun team to work alongside :) Think Friday drinks, yoga, book club & more.
We’re a market leading tech company that track the fastest growing companies in the UK (think Monzo and Deliveroo!). Our Product team is responsible for building and improving our data platform that is used by anyone with an interest in the start-up space (over 20 different industries).
Over the next few years we’re looking to accelerate improvements to our platform - building brand new features that help investors to find the next big thing, salespeople to partner with suitable companies and government bodies to support new businesses!
To do so, we’re looking to massively grow the Product function. We’ve recently hired a new Head of Product and now need a new Designer to help bring all of our new and exciting ideas to life. Not everything is in place yet so there are lots of opportunities for you to have your say in shaping how the function evolves over time and bring knowledge of the best (and worst!) design practices.
Don’t worry though - we won’t throw you in the deep end! You’ll receive lots of support from both the Head of Product and Senior Product Designer as well as any training and direction you need to solve Product problems together.
Day to day, this role will involve:
- UX/UI Design: You’ll be using Figma to produce functional designs that allow our clients to find what they’re looking for!
- User Research: Speaking to clients across 20 different industries about what they love and don't love so much about our platform
- Collaboration: You’ll be working closely with product managers and developers to discover and deliver innovative and valuable solutions to our huge subscriber base (many of whom you’ll get to work and build relationships with!)
- Discovery: You’ll be keeping up on the latest trends, analysing data and bringing in the most innovative techniques to our team
We’re offering a competitive package of £35-55k DOE.
We invest a lot in keeping our people happy and healthy! So as well as that, you'll also get;
- Training: Structured training & regular personal development opportunities
- Wellbeing: Coaching, counselling, and virtual yoga/mindfulness sessions
- Socials: Drinks every Friday, office parties, company away days, and regular team events
- Options: Substantial options scheme, so you can share in the growth you help create
- Talks: Interesting speakers in the office
- Snacks: Unlimited supply of fruit, nuts, tea, and coffee
- Books: You can order any relevant books you like or come along to our book club evening
- Travel loans: Rail season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
There’s no ‘one size fits all’ with the profile that we’re looking for, but you should have at least two years experience within product design (a bonus if it's in the B2B space, but don’t be put off if not!)
Personality-wise, you should also be:
- Naturally inquisitive: You should be curious and keen to learn about our industries, market trends, and dive into new and unfamiliar areas of product and design.
- Ambitious: Coming into a small team, you should be excited by the chance to progress rapidly and take on a lot of responsibility from day one!
- Emotionally intelligent: You’re able to build rapport with just about anyone - whether it’s fellow designers, managers, and even clients.
We are the market-leader for tracking and understanding the fastest growing companies in the UK. Through a combination of people power and machine learning, our platform helps 20+ different industries invest in, understand, and partner with these exciting businesses.
Other than the product, our real key to our success is our wonderful team. Based in the heart of vibrant Brixton, we’re a close-knit group with a range of individual interests and quirks - from bakers, to artists, to beer-brewers to gamers, everyone plays a part in helping to grow our business.
Ticking all the boxes?
To apply please submit:
- Your updated CV
- Answers to a couple of simple screening questions below