Package: £28-32k -- Start Date: August/September
Not sure what to do after uni? If you enjoy chatting to people & are motivated by success/goals, this might be perfect for you.
Working for a rapidly growing company, you’d also have fantastic opportunities to progress - whether that’s learning how to give demonstrations of our platform, advising on strategy or mentoring junior people (or a mix!), as well as a super lovely, sociable team to work alongside :) Think Friday drinks, sports clubs & yoga
We’re a market leading tech company that track the fastest growing companies in the UK (think Monzo and Deliveroo!). Our Sales team work with over 20 different industries - from government bodies creating policy, investors trying to find the next big thing or office space providers looking for companies that need space!
As a high-growth business ourselves, we’re looking to grow from 80 to 130 people next year alone and are expanding our Business Development team as part of this. Due to the complexity of our platform, this isn’t your typical Business Development role. Far from mindless phone bashing, you’ll be acting incredibly consultatively to figure out each lead’s unique problem and assess whether and how we can help!
You’ll also be provided with everything you need to succeed - from structured training to a mix of warm MQLs and a list of leads to pick from, 'tip sharing' meets with the rest of the team and access to our very own coaches and counsellors.
More specifically, your day to day work at Beauhurst will include:
- Gathering information: Carrying out thorough research across market trends, potential clients & the people involved to decide whether they would benefit from Beauhurst (and how!)
- Approaching leads: Writing targeted, well written outreach pieces via email, LinkedIn, or executing the perfect pitch on the phone
- Consulting/Pitching: Quickly and succinctly getting to the heart of clients’ need and shaping your conversation to the way that Beauhurst could help them, with the aim of passing them to the Sales team
- Helping us do things better: Inputting into longer term strategic thinking - both for the sales team and the company as a whole
We’re offering a competitive starting salary of £24-28k (DOE) + bonus + uncapped commission (£28k-32k+ total)
We invest a lot in keeping our people happy and healthy! So as well as that, you'll also get;
- Training: Structured training & regular personal development opportunities
- Wellbeing: Coaching, counselling, and virtual yoga/mindfulness sessions
- Socials: Drinks every Friday, office parties, company away days, and regular team events
- Options: Substantial options scheme, so you can share in the growth you help create
- Talks: Interesting speakers in the office
- Snacks: Unlimited supply of fruit, nuts, tea, and coffee
- Books: You can order any relevant books you like or come along to our book club evening
- Travel loans: Rail season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
You should have a University degree (or be just about to graduate with one!) but don’t worry, we’re not fussed about particular subjects or backgrounds. If you’re sociable, driven & eager to learn lots, you’ll fit right in!
Personality-wise, we’re looking for someone who is;
- Success/target driven: Whether it’s personal growth or a natural competitiveness that motivates you, you’re excited by the idea of working towards targets (and being rewarded for hitting them)
- Emotionally intelligent: You love both people and problem solving and can ask the right questions to really understand people’s needs
- Calm under pressure: You can think on your feet and keep a level head in times of stress
- Naturally personable, fun and sociable: Our Sales team are close-knit & always up for a laugh and a bit of friendly competition!
We are the market leader for tracking the most exciting companies in the UK. Through a combination of people power and machine learning, our data platform helps over 20 different industries invest in, understand, and partner with start-ups and scale-ups all over the country.
Other than the product, the real key to our success is our wonderful culture. Based in the heart of vibrant Brixton, we’re a close-knit group with a range of interests and quirks - from bakers to artists, to beer-brewers to gamers, everyone plays a part in helping to grow our business.
Ticking all the boxes?
To apply please submit:
- Your updated CV
- Answers to a couple of quick questions below
Deadline for applications: Thursday 5th August