Salary: £40k-£45k OTE -- Start Date: Aug/Sep
Do you love people as much as you love problem solving?
If you have 1-2 years’ of experience working with clients and hitting targets in any capacity, this could be a great next step for you. You’ll get to build relationships with all kinds of people from different industries, become an expert on our tech platform and help those clients work with and support the start-up/scale-up space in the UK - so obviously the wider impacts on our economy and innovation are huge!
Working for a rapidly growing company, you’d also have fantastic opportunities to progress - whether that’s working with bigger clients, advising on strategy or line management (or a mix!), as well as a super lovely, fun team to work alongside :) Think Friday drinks, yoga, book club & more.
If this sounds exciting, read on!
We’re a market leading tech company that track the fastest growing companies in the UK (think Monzo and Deliveroo!). Our Account Management team work with over 20 different client types - from government bodies creating policy, investors trying to find the next big thing or office space providers looking for companies that need space!
As a high-growth business ourselves, we’re looking to grow from 80 to 130 people next year alone and are expanding our AM team as a part of this. We’re constantly bringing on new clients and as a result, need some new faces to help us give our clients the best experience and ensure they stay with us year on year.
Don't worry... we won't throw you in the deep end. In your first few months you'll go through a thorough training programme to help you become an expert on our platform & subscriber industries as well as equipping you with all the necessary skills to become an excellent Account Manager!
More specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Building relationships: maintaining regular contact with your clients via email, on the phone, and in person to establish trust and really figure out what Beauhurst can do for them.
- Travelling: meeting your clients for lunches, catch-ups and training sessions across the UK (post-covid, of course).
- Training: running engaging training sessions on the platform that helps our clients understand our platform and solve their business needs.
- Targets: Working towards renewal and client retention targets (and being rewarded for it!)
- Selling: Spotting opportunities to up-sell and cross-sell our additional features and packages and pushing these opportunities through the door, including arranging introductions to others in the team where necessary.
- Feedback: Figuring out what more Beauhurst can do for our clients by passing their suggestions and needs onto the product development team to help them continuously improve our platform.
We’re offering a competitive package of £40-£45k (OTE).
We invest a lot in keeping our people happy and healthy! So as well as that, you'll also get;
- Training: Structured training & regular personal development opportunities
- Wellbeing: Coaching, counselling, and virtual yoga/mindfulness sessions
- Socials: Drinks every Friday, office parties, company away days, and regular team events
- Options: Substantial options scheme, so you can share in the growth you help create
- Talks: Interesting speakers in the office
- Snacks: Unlimited supply of fruit, nuts, tea, and coffee
- Books: You can order any relevant books you like or come along to our book club evening
- Travel loans: Rail season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
You should be a University graduate with good academics (min AAB at A level) with between 6 months - 2 years’ experience in a client-facing and/or target-driven environment. We don’t have set expectations about background or industry just as long as you can show your experience in these areas and a drive for Account Management!
Personality-wise, you should be:
- A natural people person: You’re a great listener, emotionally intelligent and extremely interested in getting to know all sorts of people. You should enjoy working alongside others and be excited by the prospect of working towards team goals.
- Target-driven: Whether it’s money, personal growth or a natural competitiveness that motivates you, you enjoy working towards targets/goals and being rewarded for hitting them
- Proactive and independent: You’re happy managing your own workload and often go above and beyond what is asked of you
- Highly organised: You’re confident organising your own time and do so in a practical, efficient manner.
We are the market leader for tracking the most exciting companies in the UK. Through a combination of people power and machine learning, our data platform helps over 20 different industries invest in, understand, and partner with start-ups and scale-ups all over the country.
Other than the product, the real key to our success is our wonderful culture. Based in the heart of vibrant Brixton, we’re a close-knit group with a range of interests and quirks - from bakers to artists, to beer-brewers to gamers, everyone plays a part in helping to grow our business.
Ticking all the boxes?
To apply please submit:
- Your updated CV
- Answers to a couple of quick questions below
Deadline for applications: Thursday 5th August