Salary: £24-28k base + bonus (£28-32k OTE) -- Start Date: June-August
Love people as much as you love problem solving?
We’re looking for ambitious graduates to help us engage with new clients. You’ll learn lots about the many different industries we serve, receive thorough training and get to reach out to and consult with potential clients on how they could get value from our data (if it’s the right fit of course!).
Unlike your average sales role, you won’t just be reading off a script, we work incredibly consultatively with potential clients and always take a warm, intelligent approach over phone bashing. So if this sounds interesting, then read on!
We’ve built an enormous data set of the UK’s most exciting start-ups and scale-ups. Our platform can be manipulated in several different ways which means the clients we work with are hugely varied. From huge banks like Santander through to Government bodies like the HM Treasury, we already work with a vast array of high profile clients, but there are still hundreds of new ones we want to bring on-board...
To help with this, we’re looking to train up a group of ambitious graduates. Through a mixture of in-bound (people already interested in learning more) and outbound sources (Linked In, events, direct emails and other!), you’ll be reaching out and arranging initial calls to understand each client’s unique need and assess whether there is a fit.
Don’t worry though, we won’t throw you in the deep end! Before you’re set loose, you’ll go through a thorough training programme covering our industries, use cases & all the relevant skills you need to be an excellent BD at Beauhurst.
After this, you’ll be:
- Gathering information: Carrying out thorough research across market trends, potential clients & the people involved to decide whether they would benefit from Beauhurst (and how!)
- Approaching leads: Writing targeted, well written outreach pieces via email, LinkedIn, or on the phone
- Consulting/Pitching: Quickly and succinctly getting to the heart of clients’ need and shaping your conversation to the way that Beauhurst could help them, as well as booking a demo if there seems to be a fit
- Helping us do things better: Inputting into longer term strategic thinking - both for the sales team and the company as a whole
We’re offering a competitive starting salary of £24-28k (DOE) + bonus + uncapped commission (£29k-33k+ total)
We invest a lot in keeping our people happy and healthy! So as well as that, you'll also get;
- Training: Structured sales training & regular personal development opportunities
- Socials: Drinks every Friday, office parties, company away days and regular team events
- Options: Substantial options scheme, so you can share in the growth you help create!
- Snacks: Unlimited supply of fruit, nuts, tea and coffee
- Talks: Interesting speakers in the office
- Penthouse office: with an amazing, sunny roof terrace!
- Books: You can order any relevant books you like or come along to our book club evening
- Wellbeing: Coaching, counselling and regular nice things in the office and in the post
- Travel loans: Rail season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
You should have graduated already or be finishing your degree this year (2021). We’d love for you to come into the office but are happy for you to start remotely (if you need to!) if you’re moving to London.
We’re not fussy about a particular University subject or background, just so long as you’re driven & a quick learner, we’ll get you up to speed.
Personality-wise, we’re looking for someone who is;
- Success/target driven: Whether it’s personal growth or a natural competitiveness, you’re excited by the idea of working towards targets (and being rewarded in return)
- Emotionally intelligent: You’re excited by the prospect of reading people and asking the right questions to really understand what they want
- Calm under pressure: You can think on your feet and thrive under a bit of pressure
- Resilient: You’re able to bounce back after a setback, can happily take on constructive feedback and use this to improve how you work
- Naturally personable, fun and sociable. Our Sales team are close-knit & always up for a laugh
We are the market-leader for tracking and understanding the most exciting companies in the UK. Through a combination of people power and machine learning, our platform helps over 20 different industries invest in, understand, and partner with these exciting businesses.
Other than the product, our real key to our success is our wonderful team. Based in the heart of vibrant Brixton, we’re a close-knit group with a range of individual interests and quirks - from bakers, to artists, to beer-brewers to gamers, everyone plays a part in helping to grow our business.
Ticking all the boxes?
To apply please submit:
- Your updated CV
- A cover letter telling us what excites you about the role and Beauhurst!
- Answers to a couple of simple screening questions below
Please note that applications with no cover letter or a generic cover letter will be automatically rejected.