Salary: competitive -- Start date: ASAP
We have built an essential tool for understanding the UK’s fastest growing companies. Following rapid growth, we’re looking for someone to head up our growing team of frontend developers, vastly improving the usability of our platform and adding features that help our clients to invest, sell to and support the next generation of ‘Monzos’ and ‘Deliveroos’.
You would initially be leading a dedicated team of two with aim to expand the team beyond that. You would have complete technical oversight of the front-end function, take a lead on strategic decisions for your team and get to build on your mentoring/managing skills.
Most recently, our front-end team have graphed the connections between key people (investors, C-suite etc) and created interactive charts that can be filtered/exported in real time. For many of our clients, these features have been business critical.
And there’s loads more to do! Initially, you’d get the chance to work on a wide range of exciting projects such as:
- Improving our “advanced search” interface builder in Vue, making it easier for clients to search through the data on companies
- Refreshing our build system from Grunt to a more modern system such as Webpack/Parcel/Rollup/etc.
- Integrating customisation to the graphs/reports that users can generate
- Rolling out greater use of Vue component architecture
- Working alongside out in house designers to implement a brand refresh
And once you’re properly trained and up to speed, you’ll be:
- Leading on architectural decision making for projects you’re heading up
- Line managing and mentoring others in the team, helping with personal development plans and assisting with training
- Hiring and onboarding of new members into your squad
We’re offering a competitive starting salary as well as a load of additional benefits.
Also worth noting that this is an office based role but we’re pretty flexible, we’re happy for you to work 2 days from home if you want (but obviously can do more from home during the pandemic!).
- Options: A stake in the company, so you can share in the growth you help create
- Wellbeing: Access to our coaches & counsellors if/when you need it
- Training: Structured onboarding, regular training & external events and conferences
- Socials: We put on lots of fun events from yoga to cooking classes, virtual games and more!
- Talks: Listen to an array of speakers in the office - from business owners to mental health experts & more!
- Books: You can order any relevant(ish) books you like (technical or otherwise), we also host regular book club evenings across the company
- Travel loans: Commute for less (post-covid) with our rail season ticket loan and cycle to work schemes
There’s no ‘one size fits all’ with the profile that we’re looking for, but you should broadly meet the following criteria:
- 4 years+ of front-end web development experience
- Experience in Vue/React or another modern JS framework with an emphasis on good architecture of code
- Experience building, maintaining or modifying build systems (eg. Webpack, Parcel, Rollup, Grunt)
- Ability to write maintainable CSS (with SCSS/Sass) supporting mobile and desktop
- Mentoring/management experience
On the personal side, you will ideally be:
- Diplomatic: you are good at explaining the rationale behind your ideas/suggestions and consider the merits of different opinions when deciding on the best way forward
- Collaborative: you enjoy working within a close-knit team dynamic
- Strategic: you consider the commercial and practical implications of your ideas when developing long-term plans
- Friendly: get ready to share in-jokes & chat nonsense with others in the team!
We are the market-leader for tracking and understanding the most exciting companies in the UK. Through a combination of people power and machine learning, our platform provides an invaluable picture of the high-growth landscape, helping 20+ different industries invest in, understand, and partner with these exciting businesses.
From Government to wealth management, investment banks to recruiters, our platform offers a wealth of use cases - fuelling innovation, supporting policy making and connecting the right people together.
Aside from the product, our key to our success is our wonderful team. Based in the heart of Nottingham, we’re a close-knit group with a range of individual interests and quirks - from bakers, to artists, to beer-brewers to gamers, everyone plays a part in helping to grow our business.
Ticking all the boxes?
To apply please submit:
- Your updated CV
- A cover letter telling us what excites you about the role and Beauhurst!
- Answers to a couple of simple screening questions below
Please note that applications with no cover letter or a generic cover letter will be automatically rejected.