Calling all ambitious Full Stack Developers! We have a fantastic opportunity for you to lead your own squad. If you’re eager to line manage whilst holding onto the hands-on development you hold so dear, then this could be the perfect role for you.
Your work will be crucial in improving and creating new features and datasets available to our clients - which will ultimately bring broader benefits to high-growth companies across the UK. And if a great culture is important to you (which we’d hope it is), ours is pretty damn good.
If all of this sounds interesting, then read on...
We’ve built a huge, searchable dataset of the UK’s high growth companies. Our data has been crucial for understanding what is going on in all this madness - from helping investors find companies that are still growing to helping government bodies to keep the economy running.
Although we’re pretty happy with our platform, there’s loads more to do. With hundreds of ideas flowing in from the company and subscribers alike, we need to double our Development team to keep improving and expanding what we can do.
We've got a team of 11 developers, 6 of whom work on the platform. But with big plans, we're looking for someone to lead a new platform development squad and help grow it in the coming year.
Our dev team has been working on some pretty impactful projects recently, from graphing the relationships between all people at high growth companies in the UK, adding interactive maps to help subscribers see what’s going on in particular regions and expanding our dataset from just 50k to a whopping 10+ million companies!
And there’s loads more to do! Once you’re up to speed you’d get the chance to work on some exciting projects such as:
- Redesigning the home page of the platform to make it quicker and easier for users to get where they want to go
- Overhauling our advanced search tool to help subscribers find the right companies, faster
- Expanding our networks feature to allow subscribers to find shared connections within their organisation and approach the right people
- Using web scraping and machine learning to expand descriptions from our 50k tracked companies to 5m registered companies in the UK
As you can imagine, these developments will have a huge impact on the usefulness of our platform and bring broader benefits to our subscribers and the long term success of our company.
If you’re wondering what this might look like day to day, expect:
- Updating our database models and improving our data ingress processes
- Updating our internal API endpoints and building new ones
- Utilising our existing style guide and building new frontend components for new features
And once you’re properly trained and up to speed, you’ll be:
- Leading on architectural decision making for projects you’re heading up
- Line managing and mentoring others in the team, helping with personal development plans and assisting with training
- Hiring and on-boarding of new members into your squad
There’s no ‘one size fits all’ with the profile that we’re looking for, but you should broadly meet the following criteria:
- 2+ years python with a web framework e.g. Django or Flask (we use Django)
- Understanding of user-centric problem solving
Nice to haves (but not essential!):
- Involvement with hiring
- Mentoring/management experience
- Experience working closely with product teams
- Experience with the rest of our tech stack:
- Django Rest Framework
On the personal side, you will ideally be:
- Diplomatic: you are good at explaining the rationale behind your ideas/suggestions and consider the merits of different opinions when deciding on the best way forward
- Collaborative: you enjoy working within a close-knit team dynamic
- Friendly: get ready to share in-jokes & chat nonsense with others in the Dev team!
We’re offering a competitive starting salary of £40-45k (DOE).
Alongside a lovely culture, we put a lot of emphasis on our team’s wellbeing and development. As part of this, you’ll also get:
- Options: A stake in the company, so you can share in the growth you help create
- Wellbeing: Access to our coaches & counsellors if/when you need it
- Training: Structured onboarding, regular training & external events and conferences
- Socials: We put on lots of fun events from yoga to cooking classes, virtual games and more!
- Talks: Listen to an array of speakers in the office - from business owners to mental health experts & more!
- Books: You can order any relevant(ish) books you like (technical or otherwise), we also host regular book club evenings across the company
- Travel loans: Commute for less (post-covid) with our rail season ticket loan and cycle to work schemes
We are the market-leader for tracking and understanding the most exciting companies in the UK. Through a combination of people power and machine learning, our platform provides an invaluable picture of the high-growth landscape, helping 20+ different industries invest in, understand, and partner with these exciting businesses.
From Government to wealth management, investment banks to recruiters, our platform offers a wealth of use cases - fuelling innovation, supporting policy making and connecting the right people together. We’ve grown quickly over the past few years and have exciting plans to continue on this path, including increasing our headcount by 30% in 2021, launching additional products that use our data and potentially expanding internationally.
Aside from the product, our key to our success is our wonderful team. Based in the heart of Brixton, we’re a close-knit group with a range of individual interests and quirks - from bakers, to artists, to beer-brewers to gamers, everyone plays a part in helping to grow our business. We’re passionate about what we do, supportive of anyone who needs it and most importantly, have fun whilst doing it!
To apply, please submit the following:
- An updated CV
- A cover letter telling us why you want this role and what you like about Beauhurst specifically
- Answers to a couple of screening Qs below
Please note that applications with no cover letter or a generic cover letter will be automatically rejected.