Salary: £21k + 5k bonus Start Date: ASAP
Do you love people as much as you love problem solving? Are you looking for a role that rewards hard work and allows you to progress at pace?
We’re looking for a bright graduate to help us increase our rapidly growing client base. You’ll take on tonnes of responsibility from day one, becoming an expert on our data platform and the 25+ different markets we serve, before reaching out to relevant people and using your emotional intelligence to consult and advise potential clients on how they could get value from our data (if it’s the right fit of course!)
If you’re excited by the opportunity to use your intelligence & insight to hit targets, eager to learn lots and develop your skills within a fun, supportive group of people, then read on!
As a high-growth company, we have BIG ambitions to accelerate this growth further, adding new features to our product, reaching out to brand new markets & getting our data into the hands of everyone who needs it.
To help with this, we’re looking for 2 ambitious new Business Development Associates to help us bring on new clients to Beauhurst. Through a mixture of in-bound (people already interested in learning more) and outbound sources (Linked In, events, direct emails and other!), you’ll be reaching out and arranging initial calls to understand each client’s unique need and assess whether there is a fit.
We have literally hundreds of use cases, so unlike most other BD positions, this one requires an in-depth understanding of various markets & a highly consultative, creative approach to understand how our data could be useful to them.
Don’t worry though, we won’t throw you in the deep end! Before you’re set loose, you’ll go through a thorough training programme covering our industries, use cases & all the relevant skills you need to be an excellent BDA at Beauhurst.
After this, you’ll be:
- Researching: Carrying out thorough research across market trends, potential clients & the people involved to decide whether they would benefit from Beauhurst (and how!)
- Reaching out: Writing targeted, well written outreach pieces via email, LinkedIn, or on the phone
- Consulting: Quickly and succinctly getting to the heart of clients’ need and shaping your conversation to the way that Beauhurst could help them, as well as booking a demo if there seems to be a fit.
- Managing: Staying on top of your own pipeline of potential clients
- Testing: Actively finding ways to improve your own process as well as suggesting ways to improve the efficiency of the wider team
- Helping with strategy: Inputting into longer term strategic thinking - both for the sales team and the company as a whole
The ideal candidate
You should be a University Graduate with strong academics (BBB or above), either looking for a brand new role or with some relevant experience.
We’re not fussy about a particular University subject or background, just so long as you’re driven & a quick learner, we’ll get you up to speed.
Personality-wise, we’re looking for someone who is;
- Naturally personable, fun and sociable. Our Sales team are close-knit & always up for a laugh, so it’s important that you enjoy working alongside others and are excited by the prospect of working towards team goals.
- Emotionally intelligent – you’re excited by the prospect of reading people and asking the right questions to really understand their need.
- Organised - you’re confident organising your own time and do so in a practical, efficient manner
- Calm under pressure – You can think on your feet and thrive under a bit of pressure
- Resilient – you’re able to bounce back after a setback, can happily take on constructive feedback and use this to improve how you work.
- Success driven – Whether it’s personal growth or a natural competitiveness, you’re excited by the idea of working towards targets (and being rewarded in return).
We’re offering £24-28k (DOE) + bonus + uncapped commission (£29k-33k+ total)
We invest a lot in keeping our people happy and healthy! So as well as that, you'll also get;
- Training: Structured sales training & regular personal development opportunities
- Socials: Drinks every Friday, office parties, company away days and regular team events
- Options: Substantial options scheme, so you can share in the growth you help create!
- Snacks: Unlimited supply of fruit, nuts, tea and coffee
- Talks: Interesting speakers in the office
- Books: You can order any relevant books you like or come along to our book club evening
- Wellbeing: Coaching, counselling and discounted in-office massages.
- Travel loans: Rail season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
We are the market-leader for tracking and understanding the most exciting companies in the UK. Through a combination of people power and machine learning, our platform provides an invaluable picture of the high-growth landscape, helping professionals across 20+ different industries invest in, understand, and partner with these exciting businesses.
From Government to Wealth Management, Investment Banks to Recruiters, our platform offers a wealth of use cases - fuelling innovation, supporting government policy making and connecting the right people together. We’ve grown quickly over the past few years and have exciting plans to continue on this path, including dramatically increasing our headcount in the next 9 months, launching additional products that use our data and potentially expanding internationally.
Our real key to success is our amazing team. Based in the heart of Brixton, we’re a close-knit group with a range of individual interests and quirks - from bakers, to artists, to beer-brewers to gamers, everyone plays a part in helping to shape our business. We’re passionate about what we do, supportive of anyone who needs it and most importantly, have fun whilst doing it!
To apply please submit:
- Your updated CV
- A cover letter telling us what interests you about the role and us!
- Answers to a couple of basic screening questions below
Please note that applications with no cover letter or a generic cover letter will be automatically rejected.