We’re looking for someone exceptional to head up our People function, building out their own team and accelerating improvements across the company. We value our people and culture extremely highly, and want to maintain and develop them as we scale massively over the next few years. This is a super exciting opportunity to help take us to the next level, leading on a range of exciting projects across every aspect of 'People' and playing a crucial role in the success of our team.
If this sounds exciting, then read on...
We’re growing quickly: by the end of next year we’ll be pushing 100 full-time employees, and we won’t be stopping there. That’s a real step-change and demands a more mature organisation to manage this increased scale and complexity, whilst maintaining and improving our fantastic culture. You’ll be absolutely vital in helping us do this.
You’ll own the full spectrum of People/HR functions:
Recruitment & onboarding – You’ll oversee the development of hiring processes that can cope with an increasing volume of candidates and attract the best talent out there, as well as improving our onboarding to ensure that new joiners get up to speed as quickly as possible.
Training & development – You’ll help up-skill our entire workforce, overhauling existing training programmes and introducing a range of new ones. You’ll work closely with managers and team leaders to map out future plans for their teams and ensure that everyone has personalised development plans to maximise their growth.
Culture & environment – You’ll maintain and grow our wonderful culture, ensuring everyone continues to work collaboratively in and out of the office; has the freedom to suggest and run with new ideas; feels a large degree of autonomy, flexibility and trust to organise their own work; and – most importantly – has fun while they’re at it! You’ll also work closely with the team to manage the virtual and physical spaces in which we work, and help us find and set up new offices in London and Nottingham for all the fresh faces we’re bringing onboard.
Compensation and benefits – You’ll review and maintain our compensation & benefit packages, suggesting alternatives where necessary, and staying on top of changing markets.
Reactive HR issues – You’ll advise and support people around the company as and when personnel issues arise, helping smoothly guide difficult situations through to fair conclusions.
To help with all of this, you’ll start by directly managing two people but will need to build your team out further in due course.
‘Head of People’ or ‘Senior People Manager’?
It’s a bit weird having two job titles in one job ad, right? But this is such an important role for us that we want to cast our net wide to find the perfect person. We’re also big believers in growing people internally, so we’re open to hiring someone who doesn’t quite have enough experience to be a “Head of” yet.
“Head of People” would be someone who’s already demonstrated their ability to lead in all the required areas, while “Senior People Manager” could be someone who hasn’t done all of this before but has lots of ambition and would be keen to step into that “Head of” role in due course.
Please let us know in your cover letter which job title suits you best to start with and why.
You must as a minimum have:
- Experience working within a rapidly growing company, ideally one larger and more mature than we are at the moment
- Experience across generalist HR including: L&D, developing culture, compensation, and dealing with complex/sensitive issues
- Evidence of the positive impacts you’ve previously delivered from within the people function
- Experience line-managing a team
On the personal side, you’ll ideally be:
- A big ‘people person’ - you love meeting new people and find it easy to warm to everyone that you work with
- Ambitious - you’re excited by the opportunity to build out a team and play a key part in company growth, as well as constantly looking to develop yourself personally
- Considered - you think about the implications of various projects and are able to step back and prioritise before making decisions, rather than taking an ‘all guns blazing’ approach
- Empowering - the opposite of a 'micro-manager' you trust your direct reports to have ownership over their own roles and inspire them to develop and grow.
- Diplomatic - you have experience diffusing difficult conversations and are good at balancing a room full of differing personalities and perspectives
As well as lovely colleagues and a competitive salary, we put a lot of emphasis on our people’s wellbeing and development. As part of this, you’ll also get:
- Options: A stake in the company, so you can share in the growth you help create
- Wellbeing: Access to our coaches & counsellors whenever you need
- Training: Structured on-boarding, regular training & a personal learning and development budget
- Socials: Drinks in the office, company away days and regular virtual and in-person events
- Talks: An array of interesting speakers in the office and on Zoom
- Books: Order any relevant books you like and come along to our regular book club evening
- Travel loans: Rail season ticket loan and cycle-to-work scheme
We are the market-leader for tracking and understanding the most exciting companies in the UK. Through a combination of people power and machine learning, our platform provides an invaluable picture of the high-growth landscape, helping 20+ different industries invest in, understand, and partner with these businesses.
From government to wealth management, investment banks to recruiters, our platform offers a wealth of use cases - fuelling innovation, supporting Governmental policy, making and connecting the right people together. We’ve grown quickly over the past few years and have exciting plans to continue on this path, including very significant headcount growth next year, launching additional products that use our data, and exploring international expansion.
Aside from the product, the key to our success is our wonderful team. Based in the heart of Brixton, with a second office in Nottingham, we’re a close-knit group with a range of individual interests and quirks - from bakers, to artists, to beer-brewers to gamers; everyone plays a part in helping to shape our business. We’re passionate about what we do, supportive of anyone who needs it and most importantly, have fun whilst doing it!
To apply, please submit the following:
- An up-to-date CV
- A cover letter telling us why you want this role, what you like about Beauhurst specifically, and which job title suits you best
- Answers to the short screening questions below
Please note that applications with no cover letter or a generic cover letter will be automatically rejected.