In line with our ambitious growth trajectory, we’re looking to accelerate progress in our Machine Learning function. This is a really exciting opportunity for a Machine Learning Engineer with a ML Ops focus to shape the infrastructure around our ML models, build new models from scratch and contribute to the long-term success of our platform.
If you have over two years of experience of Machine Learning operations and are eager to make your mark on an innovative, industry-leading product with loads of potential for growth, then read on…
Historically, data on the most exciting companies in the UK has been severely lacking. We believe that great data makes for much better decision making, so have built a powerful tool to track every high-growth company in the UK from ‘seed’ through to ‘established’.
Through a combination of people power and machine learning, our searchable platform provides an invaluable picture of the high-growth landscape, helping over 1200 professionals across 20+ different industries invest in, understand, and partner with these exciting businesses. From recruitment, to government bodies, to wealth management firms to big banks, our platform offers a wealth of use cases and value in vastly different ways.
However, the real key to our success is our amazing team. Based in the heart of Brixton, we’re a wonderfully diverse group with a huge mix of individual interests and quirks (which we encourage everyone to bring to work!). Everyone here is extremely passionate about what they do, driven to challenge themselves, supportive of anyone who needs it and most importantly, has fun whilst doing it!
Our Development team is responsible for building our Beauhurst platform as well as the various tools used by our internal research team to collect, analyse and structure data within the high-growth space in the UK.
Within this, we’re looking to expand our Machine Learning capabilities. To do so, we need someone to build and improve the infrastructure around our ML models and help develop new models going forward.
Don’t worry though, we won’t throw you in the deep end. Before this, we’ll help support you through a rigorous training programme where you’ll learn all about our platform, company and all the software and tools you need to succeed in your role.
After this, your role will include:
- Designing the system and process for hosting and running models in production
- Designing a building process and refactoring models to fit into this
- Maintaining old models and upgrading existing ones
- Writing and training brand new models
- Delivering ad-hoc projects in accordance with our long-term strategic plan
In the long term, this role could either develop into a role involving mentorship of junior ML engineers, or alternatively, you could shift towards specialising more in either Machine Learning, or DevOps.
To succeed in this role, we’re looking for a capable and autonomous Machine Learning Engineer who is excited by the prospect of growing a brand-new function and having a huge impact on the long term development of our product.
You need to have:
- 2+ years of experience in Machine Learning Operations including:
- Hands on experience managing, building and updating the infrastructure around machine learning
- Natural Language Processing
- Training and writing ML models
- Technical Expertise in:
- A Python Machine Learning Framework
Experience that would be really nice to have (but not essential):
- BSc in a Comp Science/STEM subject
- Scikit-learn, spaCy & PyTorch
You will ideally be:
- Diplomatic: you are able to stick up for your ideas without stepping on people’s toes
- Collaborative: you enjoy working in a team, contributing ideas and supporting others
- Proactive: you like working autonomously and like spotting how to do things better!
- Reactive and flexible: you don’t need a super streamlined process to do your work and are happy to adapt to changes
- Good time management: you’re able to prioritise and work to competing deadlines
- User focused: you’re happy to adapt the models you build from user feedback
- Laidback, easy-going and nice! ☺
We’re offering a competitive salary as well as;
- Training: Regular ML training & regular personal development opportunities
- Socials: Drinks every Friday, office parties, company away days and regular team events
- Options: Substantial options scheme, so you can share in the growth you help create!
- Snacks: Unlimited supply of fruit, nuts, tea and coffee
- Talks: Interesting speakers in the office
- Books: You can order any relevant books you like or come along to our book club evening
- Wellbeing: Coaching, counselling and discounted in-office massages.
- Travel loans: Rail season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Other perks: Free coffee, cinema tickets, online gym classes and other vouchers
To apply, please submit the following:
- An updated CV
- A cover letter telling us why you want this role and what you like about Beauhurst specifically
- Answers to a couple of screening Qs below
Please note that applications with no cover letter or a generic cover letter will be automatically rejected.