Fantastic opportunity for a super bright Graduate to gain varied experience in a fast-growing tech company.
As a Commercial Analyst, you’ll be responsible for using data to support the growth of our commercial teams (Sales, Account Management & Marketing). This is a really important role that will have a massive impact on the commercial success of the business (both short and long term!) and provide valuable, hands-on experience across a range of projects.
If you’re keen to work with data and want to take on lots of responsibility from day one, then we’d love to hear from you!
Historically, data on the most exciting companies in the UK has been severely lacking. We believe that great data makes for much better decision making, so have built a powerful tool to track every high-growth company in the UK from ‘seed’ through to ‘established’.
Through a combination of people power and machine learning, our searchable data platform provides an invaluable picture of the high-growth landscape, helping over 1200 professionals across over 20 different industries understand, support, and work with these exciting businesses.
However, the real key to our success is our amazing team. Based in the heart of Brixton, we’re a wonderfully diverse group with a huge mix of individual interests and quirks (which we encourage everyone to bring to work!). Everyone here is extremely passionate about what they do, driven to challenge themselves, supportive of anyone who needs it and most importantly, has fun whilst doing it!
The Operations & Strategy team is responsible for ensuring that our company and the teams within it run as efficiently, effectively and happily as possible! Within this, they are always on the lookout for new initiatives to ensure that we are always trying to do things better…
Your overarching goal will be to use data from the commercial teams to help them exceed their targets and drive revenue for the business. This means looking at a range of commercial spreadsheets, producing reports and getting stuck into a variety of important, ongoing projects.
Beyond your average internship, there is a massive chance here to really impact how we do things. Once you’re up to speed, you’ll be suggesting long-term strategy, changing processes and supporting the growth of the commercial teams.
Day-to-day, your role will mainly include:
- Analysis and cleaning of datasets (e.g. invoicing, sales leads and other spreadsheets)
- Highlighting and presenting findings on commercial performance
- Attending key meetings with commercial teams, taking minutes and sharing action points
- Updating the commercial team’s weekly reports and identifying areas of improvement
- Monitoring conversion rates and following the sales lead model
- Prospect lead qualification
- Improving the UI for tracking and monitoring spreadsheets
- Owning longer term projects to drive efficiencies with commercial teams – building new processes and tools
- Project planning and long-term process planning
To succeed in this role, you should be process-driven, proactive and eager to get stuck into anything that is thrown your way!
Specifically, you should have:
- A University degree with very good academics (Minimum of AAB at A level or equivalent)
- Good grasp of Microsoft Excel and confidence in manipulating large datasets
You will ideally be:
- Good with data – you enjoy working with numbers and are able to draw conclusions from datasets
- Extremely detail orientated – you’re good at spotting small inconsistencies and errors
- Logical – you carry tasks out in a clear, comprehensive manner and find satisfaction in finding more efficient ways to do things
- Flexible – you’re happy to try your hand at a variety of things and change your priorities as the business evolves
- Interest in learning more about the commercial side of business
Nice to have but not essential:
- Interest in the high-growth space
- Knowledge/experience of using data to help drive revenue
- Good communication skills and ability to build rapport with a variety of people
This is a 6-month paid internship (£320 p/w) with the opportunity to join us in a permanent role afterwards.
We invest a lot in keeping our people happy and healthy, so as well as that you'll also get;
- Training: Structured training & regular personal development opportunities
- Socials: Drinks every Friday, office parties, company away days and regular team events
- Snacks: Unlimited supply of fruit, nuts, tea and coffee
- Talks: Interesting speakers in the office
- Books: You can order any relevant books you like or come along to our book club evening
- Wellbeing: Coaching, counselling and a supportive environment
- Travel loans: Rail season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Other perks: Free coffee, cinema tickets, online gym classes and other vouchers
To apply, please submit;
- Your CV
- A cover letter telling us why you want to work for Beauhurst and why this role in particular
- Answers to a few short questions below
Please note that applications with no cover letter or a generic cover letter will be automatically rejected.